X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If there's no tag on it, it's free... at the wine store

I know... the dreaded phrase.

But... the employee was the one saying it!

I can only wonder how many times she's heard it, that she automatically says it before the customer does.

Ironically, i hadn't even though of the phrase until she said it. All I'd asked was what the price was.

i may have to go back for more of it tho... it was a 14.99 bottle of italian moscato. it was low on alcohol content but it tasted a hell of a lot better than barefoot.

where is this free wine tell me now.

edit: dont drink barefoot.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

yeah. most wine stores around here don't carry moscato - except for barefoot's version.

i mean it's ok once in a while but... it's like eating a burger from a grocery store frozen section... vs eating a burger at a 5 star restaurant.

that place however had a nice italian one.

next time i go to buffalo i'll have to swing by premire. that's the only good place in all of upstate ny when it comes to a wide selection.

Comment

Generally Italian Moscato d'Asti is better. They've been making it for centuries, and there's something about the soil in Piedmont that just makes it yum.

Also, if Moscato is *ever* above 7% alcohol, RUN. It just doesn't have the structure to hold up to that level of alcohol.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          yeah. most wine stores around here don't carry moscato - except for barefoot's version.

i mean it's ok once in a while but... it's like eating a burger from a grocery store frozen section... vs eating a burger at a 5 star restaurant.

that place however had a nice italian one.

next time i go to buffalo i'll have to swing by premire. that's the only good place in all of upstate ny when it comes to a wide selection.
          Hey! You live near me? Hell, yeah, Premier is great! Try some NY state wines...Vizcarra Vineyards is good stuff...
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
          X