This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You stole my pizza!!!

BG: My mom gave me coupons for a type of pizza. Pizza is on sale at Tweeter and they're doing super double coupons so the pizzas end up being free. I stopped by a Tweeter on my way home from work to pick up a few./BG

CB: Crazy biotch (read her dialogue in a highly offended bitchy tone and at a loud volume)
    SG: Sales guy
    M: Manager
    me:

I walk up to the pizza freezer case. CB is standing in front of it, but far enough back that I can still get into the case. I see that there are only two of the sale pizzas left so I duck in, grab them, and turn to go.
    CB: Excuse me!
    me: What?
    CB: Those are my pizzas!
    me: *confused look* They weren't in your cart and you weren't reaching for them. *turns to walk away*
    CB: YOU STOLE MY PIZZAS!!!! *grabs sales guy who was stocking* SHE STOLE MY PIZZAS!!! *pointing at me*
    me: *stopped and gave her WTF look*
    SG: *looks back and forth, obviously not sure what to do, then looks at me* Ma'am, would you mind waiting until I can get a manager, this is a little above me.
    me: Ok.
    He disappears. CB is glaring daggers at me
    CB: Those pizzas are mine. After all I have a coupon *waves her coupons in my face*
    me: *pulls mine out and waves them at her* Oh look, so do I
    Manager comes up and asks what's going on.
    CB: SHE STOLE MY PIZZAS!!!!
    M: Were they in your cart?
    CB: No
    M: Were they in your hand?
    CB: No
    M: Were you reaching for them?
    CB: NO
    M: *turns and looks at me*
    me: She was standing there flipping through her coupons. I opened the case and got my pizzas. All I want to do is check out and go home.
    M: *to me* Ma'am, I'm sorry for making you wait. Come on up to the front with me and I will personally check you out.
    me: While you're here, you wouldn't happen to have any more of these pizzas?
    M: Nope, you have the last two.
    me: Oh, well that's good to know *turns and happily walks off with M*

The manager was great about it and kept apologizing. I told him I felt sorry that he had to deal with people like that. When CB started, I thought about just walking away, but she struck me as the type to follow me around screaming that I stole her pizzas.

Also - pizzas were $.06 after the coupons

Indigo's mom here.

I'm still laughing hours later and will never be able to look at Mystic Pizzas without thinking "you stole MY pizzas". I have to say that Indigo handled it so much better than I would have. I feel so bad for that manager and he's still got four more days of super doubles to go.

Comment

Hey, all is fair in love, war, and pizza. Not in your cart, not in your hand, and not reaching for it? Fair game.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I had that happen once a few years ago with meat. Some lady got pissed off because I picked up the 3 packages that were left of thin sliced pork chops. I just ignored her, since one of the meat department workers was heading to the display case with more meat.
        Random conversation:
        Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
        DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I had something similar happen one black Friday at Target.

I really wanted the new World Tour Guitar Hero that was in the ad, we needed the extra guitar to play and wanted new songs. I saw one on an end cap with two people standing in front of it, said excuse me, reached around them and took it.

As I was walking away my niece heard one of the people as he turned around remark that there was now no more and when he looked down the aisle they were sold out.

I would have felt bad but he didnt have his hand on it and it wasn't in his cart.

Comment

He who hesitates is lost! Or at least loses the item they were hesitating over.
            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Reminds me of a time when two women were arguing over the last chicken in a shop (neither of them had picked ti up, it was still sitting there), was hilarious, I needed to get something from nearby so I said "Scuse me ladies" they let me past, I got what I needed and just for the sheer fun of it, grabbed the chicken too, by the time the two women realised somebody had taken it, I was already walking out the door having paid for it
              I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                Reminds me of a time when two women were arguing over the last chicken in a shop (neither of them had picked ti up, it was still sitting there), was hilarious, I needed to get something from nearby so I said "Scuse me ladies" they let me past, I got what I needed and just for the sheer fun of it, grabbed the chicken too, by the time the two women realised somebody had taken it, I was already walking out the door having paid for it
                And what did they do then?
                Mommy, it's just half the tale. Please, may I have the rest?

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                  He who hesitates is lost! Or at least loses the item they were hesitating over.
                  Very true! I'm still laughing over the "McQueen" Porsche 917 in my collection. At the time, I'd seen Le Mans just a few too many times...and when the kit showed up at a car show awhile back, I was tempted to get it.

As I'm waiting my turn to check out the kits, there were at least two other people with similar ideas. One guy, couldn't make up his mind, and made quite a few comments about how "expensive" the kits were. The other guy, was waiting for me to have a look. After the first guy left, the second guy also wanted a 917. Seems we'd seen the same flick. Anyway, I picked the McQueen car, he took the other one (Martini livery...but the correct Gulf decals are easy to order). As we're standing in line to pay, the first guy came back, and was a bit pissed. Pissed that we'd bought "his" kits, but also pissed because he waited. I'm sure he got even *more* pissed when (little did we know) there was a *third* 917 kit...which was bought by the guy ahead of me
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

"You snooze, you lose".

Comment

Or as I like to say "move it or lose it"

People like that always crack me up. How DARE they think someone took something when it wasn't even in their possession!

Comment

Sorry lady! Next time grab the pizzas before you look at the coupons. When it comes to pizza, all bets are off.
                        It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                        -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

If the merchandise isn't in somebody's cart & they haven't reached for it yet then the merchandise is fair game for anyone to have. What's that old saying? Oh yeah...."You snooze, you lose".....lol.

Comment

These are the same people who park their cart at a cash register to "hold their place" while they run off and gather another 20 items, then get mad when people go around their cart to check out.
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                            X