This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise Ship Sightings

So I'm back from my fucking fantastic time around Greece. I am not kidding when I say it was the best break I have ever had, I have come back feeling very sad and depressed because all I want to do is go back there.

There were a few sightings on the cruise!

Crazy Hat Lady

So the ship is leaving the dock and the majority of the passengers are on the outside deck watching. I am near the front of the ship and it is very windy.

Along comes a middle aged lady, wearing one of the biggest hats I've ever seen. It looked like something Joan Collins would wear.

WHOOOSH!

Her hat blows off and lands in the sea. There is a lot of laughter.

JC: My hat! Oh my God!

She runs up to a member of crew who is serving drinks.

JC: My hats gone overboard! We need to stop!
    Crew: Oh no! I'm sorry ma'am, but we can't stop the ship to retrieve a hat.
    JC: What?!! What am I supposed to do?!
    Crew: Why don't you come inside with me, and perhaps we'll be able to sort you out a hat from one of our stores....
    JC: I don't want a new hat! I want my old one back!
    Crew: I'm really sorry, but there's nothing we can do about a lost hat...
    JC: Fine! But when I get sunburned, I am blaming YOU!

She stormed off. Many passengers were laughing and pointing as the hat floated off into the distance.

English Speak English??

Sorry Americans of the board, but this is for you.

So I am in Athens and at the Acropolis. There are a lot of people around from all over the world, and I am wearing a Peter Griffin t-shirt. An American lady runs up to me, pointing at my Family Guy shirt.

AL: Oh my God! Another American! How are you? Where are you from?
    Me: Oh, haha, I'm not actually American, I'm from Great Britain.
    AL: Oooooohh I see. Well, you're English is really good! Well done! I can understand what you're saying and everything!
    Me: Uhhh...thanks.

More English Surprises

We are in the ships restraurant, and a young Asian girl is going around taking drinks orders. The table next to us spoke to her like this:

SC: I. WILL. HAVE. A. DRINK. OF COKE. (he was also making hand gestures describing what he wanted) AND. MY. WIFE *points to wife* WIFE. WILL. HAVE. A GLASS. OF. WHITE...WHITE. WINE! YOU. UNDERSTAND?
    Waitress: I was born in Manchester.

She walked away to do their order. The looks on their faces was priceless.

Fallen Angel

There was a kareoke night on the ship, and one of the entertainers was on the stage area taking requests. There was a really great atmosphere, until this guy came along.

This guy was exactly like one of the drunken SC's I usually deal with.

Entertainer: So do we have anyone else who would like to come up and sing? Anyone?

The SC puts his hands up.

E: Yes sir, what would you like to sing?
    SC: Angels by Robbie Williams.
    E: *turning to DJ stand* Do we have Angels by Robbie Williams?
    DJ: Oooohh, I'm afraid we don't have that one.
    E: I'm very sorry, but we don't...
    SC: WHAT?!?!

The SC stood up, and proceeded to walk onto the stage. The entertainer looked very awkward at this point.

SC: YOU MEAN TO TELL ME YOU DON'T HAVE ANGELS??? HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE ANGELS??? EVERY-FUCKING-WHERE HAS ANGELS!!!
    E: *looking very alarmed* Sir...please control your language and leave the stage...
    SC: I WILL NOT!!

At this point, his equally drunken wife is clapping and cheering him, and is trying to get other people to join in by saying things like "Yeah! You tell 'im!" She is getting the reverse effect, because the audience are now booing him and yelling "Get off the stage!!" The DJ has left the room at this point to go get help.

E: Sir, there are children and families in this room! Please leave the stage...
    SC: NO! NO! THIS IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS!

The DJ returns with a member of security, who was quite possibly the biggest man I have ever seen. He walks on stage and starts to lead him off. The wife is shrieking and protesting. The audience is now clapping. He then lead the guy from the room as if he was being arrested.

I don't know if the ship had a brig or anything, but I didn't see him or his wife for the remainder of the cruise.

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
    I don't know if the ship had a brig or anything, but I didn't see him or his wife for the remainder of the cruise.
    Maybe he made them walk the plank.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Yarrrrr. (Now where's that pirate smiley?)

Comment

Karma seems to like pwning people, even at sea.
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

AL: Oh my God! Another American! How are you? Where are you from?
          Me: Oh, haha, I'm not actually American, I'm from Great Britain.
          AL: Oooooohh I see. Well, you're English is really good! Well done! I can understand what you're saying and everything!
          Me: Uhhh...thanks.
          We yanks, taught you brits, everything you know. YOU'RE WELCOME... (kidding)

LOL.

Peoples lack of ...well, everything..never ceases to amaze me.

Glad your trip was fabulous.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            The security guy sent those two drunks to fetch that hat.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Crazy Hat Lady

So the ship is leaving the dock and the majority of the passengers are on the outside deck watching. I am near the front of the ship and it is very windy.

Along comes a middle aged lady, wearing one of the biggest hats I've ever seen. It looked like something Joan Collins would wear.

WHOOOSH!

Her hat blows off and lands in the sea. There is a lot of laughter.

JC: My hat! Oh my God!

She runs up to a member of crew who is serving drinks.

JC: My hats gone overboard! We need to stop!
              Crew: Oh no! I'm sorry ma'am, but we can't stop the ship to retrieve a hat.
              JC: What?!! What am I supposed to do?!
              Crew: Why don't you come inside with me, and perhaps we'll be able to sort you out a hat from one of our stores....
              JC: I don't want a new hat! I want my old one back!
              Crew: I'm really sorry, but there's nothing we can do about a lost hat...
              JC: Fine! But when I get sunburned, I am blaming YOU!

She stormed off. Many passengers were laughing and pointing as the hat floated off into the distance.
              All I could think of after I read this was that story of the turtle that found the video camera out at sea and happened to turn it on, followed by 'There's a sea turtle out there at this very moment that's looking absolutely fabulous.'
              Okay everyone, lets all point and laugh at him right about....

Now.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                Arr, matey! I be No-Beard the pirate! Every man on me barg shaves!
                Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  Maybe they sent him to get that other lady's hat.
                  "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                    Good one!

I've been in two cruises myself. I wish I could afford to go on another one. Maybe after I win the lottery...

Some of the regulars on here know that I sing at karaoke quite frequently. On my last cruise, I found out they had it on the ship, but there wasn't much of a selection. Nothing I knew well enough to sing. Somehow it never occurred to me to throw a fit over it.
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      The security guy sent those two drunks to fetch that hat.
                      Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                      That's what I said.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                        We yanks, taught you brits, everything you know. YOU'RE WELCOME... (kidding)
                        Shakespeare sounds best in the original Bronx...

Rapscallion

Comment

More English Surprises
                          Wow, what part of Whitesville, USA did these guys come from? How embarrassing for that poor woman
                          !
                          "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                            Shakespeare sounds best in the original Bronx...

Rapscallion
                            I was going to say the same about Spanglish...

Comment

Correction, we all know you haven't experienced Shakespeare until you've read Hamlet in the original Klingon.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X