This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
    AL: Oh my God! Another American! How are you? Where are you from?
    Me: Oh, haha, I'm not actually American, I'm from Great Britain.
    AL: Oooooohh I see. Well, you're English is really good! Well done! I can understand what you're saying and everything!
    Me: Uhhh...thanks.
    At the beginning of the Graham Norton show on BBCAmerica, there's an announcement explaining how to run closed captioning on your TV so that Americans will understand the proceedings.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

There are even places where English completely disappears.
      In America they haven't used it for years!
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
        Correction, we all know you haven't experienced Shakespeare until you've read Hamlet in the original Klingon.
        Do you have a link for that?
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          Do you have a link for that?
          http://www.kli.org/stuff/Hamlet.html
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I feel I should apologize for most of America for that amount of stupid the woman just heaped on you, but I have a sad feeling most of them would not understand the reason for the apology.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              In America they haven't used it for years!
              My Fair lady. :-)
              "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                Yep, places like West Virginia, Alabama....

Is it just me, or would anyone else...have no problems with fitting unruly passengers with a pair of concrete slippers, and then tossing them over the side?
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                  Is it just me, or would anyone else...have no problems with fitting unruly passengers with a pair of concrete slippers, and then tossing them over the side?
                  protege, that is a horrible thing to suggest and I'm ashamed of you. Don't you know how to deal with things efficiently? It's far less effort to just wrap some heavy chains around them before tossing them in.
                  Last edited by Magpie; 08-16-2010, 06:14 PM. Reason: forgot to mention that the dunking was still required

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                    Don't you know how to deal with things efficiently? It's far less effort to just wrap some heavy chains around them before tossing them in.
                    Actually I do. But most cruise-ship operators would probably hate to clean up the mess from a shotgun blast to the head Also, I'd hate to waste chain, and concrete is usually cheaper...
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Me: Oh, haha, I'm not actually American, I'm from Great Britain.
                      AL: Oooooohh I see. Well, you're English is really good! Well done! I can understand what you're saying and everything!
                      People from Great Britain speak English? I thought only Americans did!
                      (just kidding obviously)

Comment

Americans don't speak English. We speak American (well some of us at least). Which due to the fact that people from all over the world are here can have every accent known to man, and some that we just made up (ebonics anybody?). Sometimes I have to translate in my own house! My dad chews tobacco and sometimes has a thick 'southern' accent. I am one of the few who understand him, even my mom just sits there with a look. I look on the bright side..maybe eventually it will all mesh to one language that nobody under..I mean that everybody understands.
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                          People do disappear from cruise ships every now and then. I wonder if they were SCs beforehand?
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                          X