This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Whiskey View Post
    That sounds like something that would be posted in SC. A lot of programs won't let you advance if you dont have a phone number. Just give an obvious fake one and let it drop. The $8/hr desk clerk doesnt care
    Ours works like this, and there are a lot of variables involved anyway. There's no one answer to "how much does an ad cost?" But a trailer hitch?? They intend to do something with that phone number, probably call and makes sales pitches later on. If it was just marketing demographics, they could use a ZIP code.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I often just give them the name of my cat, <Cat's real name> D. Neko. I am vastly amused that Kroger once sent her a free Mach 5 razor.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
        I often just give them the name of my cat, <Cat's real name> D. Neko. I am vastly amused that Kroger once sent her a free Mach 5 razor.
        Shave the cat!
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Maybe they noticed her whiskers were getting a bit scraggly there, and wanted to politely suggest she trim?

The only other thing I can think of is not appropriate for even my mind at this hour.
          Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
          http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

I never mind giving out my zip code. I figure that giving it out just means a better chance that the stores I shop at will open locations closer to where I live.

My phone number or anything more specific than a zip code... okay, I will give my phone number to my bookstore, but that's because I want the discount from my card, but I lost the card itself about two days after I got it. Other places, none of their business.

Comment

Me and my GF were at the vet's once, getting some kind of care for Cthulhuahua. A woman was getting one of those ID chips inserted into her dog. You know, the kind that, with the use of the right scanner, can read the dog's name, the name of the owner, the owner's address and phone number. When she was asked for her phone number, so it could be encoded into the chip, she bristled, and gave a '555-XXXX' number. I couldn't see the sense of that, in this particular case.
              Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

Working...
              X