Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wrong number. Still wrong. Still wrong...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome. Just Awesome.

I can see why Mary may have given this kid a wring number on purpose. Though judge on his intelligence level, she could have given him 911 and he would have called over and over. Well, until the police showed up.

Comment

I agree this is awesome.

I've probably related my own story where some random group of friends mistook my cell phone number for their buddy John's number.

For a few days, I kept getting calls from this group of people, asking to speak to John. "Sorry, man, you've got the wrong number."

A minute later, cell phone rings again. "Yeah, John there?" "Still got the wrong number." "Aw, sorry."

Then the next day, I get a voicemail, for-- you guessed it-- John. Which boggles the mind, because the recording you get when you leave a voicemail for me SAYS MY NAME. Which sounds NOTHING like "John."

But I didn't get anymore calls from John's buddies, so it remains a mystery.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

"Hi, this is John. Have there been any calls for me?"

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          I agree this is awesome.

I've probably related my own story where some random group of friends mistook my cell phone number for their buddy John's number.

For a few days, I kept getting calls from this group of people, asking to speak to John. "Sorry, man, you've got the wrong number."

Yeah, I had a similar situation when I moved from California to North Carolina. A few days after I moved, my cell phone rings at 2am. Thinking it was my folks, I pick up.

Drunk: Hey . . . . put Bob on.
          Me: I don't know any Bob. You have the wrong number <click>

A few minutes later, my phone rings again.

Drunk: Bob! Why'd you hang up on me?
          Me: <bear in mind I am female> You . . have. . the . . wrong . . number. I am in a different time zone . . it is 2am here. Please do not call me again <click>

A few moments later . . .

<phone rings>
          Drunk: Bob . . . why are you letting that bitch answer your phone?
          Me: I don't know you. I don't know Bob. You have the WRONG FUCKING NUMBER, ASSHOLE! Stop waking me up! It is 2 am here!

At this point I was awake and irritated enough to realize I just needed to turn my phone off, which I did. Next morning, I saw I had a voice mail. When I check it, I get . . . you guess it:

Drunk: Bob, I don't know who you gave your phone to, but she's a real bitch.

Irrg!
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I LOVE YOU! That was epic! You have just earn yourself a fangirl whether this is a good thing or a bad thing is up to you.
            "Honestly officer, he asked for a shot and I gave him one. Why do you need the handcuffs?" - MannersMakethMan

Comment

Ugh, that reminds me of when I rented a place when I was at Uni. The previous tenants were Aussies of Greek descent. Emery fscking night for weeks the phone would ring in the middle of the night and an old lady would screech for "Ant-Oh-Niiiiiiiiiiiiii".
              No English at her end, no Greek on ours.

Comment

I just give guys my real number

Then tell my husband

He has the greatest stories for when they call...
                Hey, if they didn't notice the gigantic shiny on my ring finger, they wouldn't have gotten into this mess.
                Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

I love it.

That is all.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

ooo what kind of stories?

Comment

That was awesome

Once we had such an idiot caller. Sadly the most clever thing I could come up with was to load up Rick Astley's song on my laptop, then rick-roll at max volume on the next call.
                      Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

If Woody had called the police, this would never have happened.

Comment

Quoth Talon View Post
                          That was awesome

Once we had such an idiot caller. Sadly the most clever thing I could come up with was to load up Rick Astley's song on my laptop, then rick-roll at max volume on the next call.
                          That's awesome too .

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                            ooo what kind of stories?
                            Me?
                            Well there's one I remember right now that's pretty good. It's also a bit racy, but not as good as the one Gerrinson shared. I'll have to share that with the hubs, I bet he'll get a kick out of it.
                            Beginning of the season a dishwasher asks for my number, so I give it to him, and he ignores the warnings from the night cook (my friend) to not call me. However, no one told him I was married.

So he calls that night and my husband answers. We're sitting in the car getting ready to go into the store so he feels perfectly fine being as rude as possible.

D=disher guy
                            H=hubby
                            ZQ=me

D "Is ZQ there?"
                            H "Who is this and why are you calling?"
                            D "I need to speak to ZQ, this is [disher guy's name] I work with her."
                            H "She's busy."
                            D "She said she wasn't doing anything tonight, so put her on the phone."
                            -note, this is on speakerphone-
                            H "Well, I highly doubt she wants to speak to you right now..."
                            D "Just put her on, jackass."
                            H "Fine, Hey hon, mind getting off my dick long enough to talk to this little kid?"
                            ZQ "mumbles/moans something incoherent"
                            D "What was that?"
                            H "Sorry, she's too busy gagging on my dick to talk. I bet you'll see her tomorrow at work and you can talk then. By the way, I'm her husband. Tomorrow when I drop her off, I will find you and carve my name into your balls so you remember not to mess with my wife. Bye now"

Funny thing is, kid stopped showing up to work...last I knew, he either asked to be scheduled differently than me, or he quit.
                            Other than that, it's the pretty standard threat of "Talk to my wife again and I will cut off your dick," after messing with them for a few minutes.
                            Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                            http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

I think this is when you call him in a falsetto voice and claim to be Mary. Now that would be priceless.

Comment

This thread is awesome!

The most I had to do was to look up "This is the wrong number, I don't know (name), please quit calling here" in Spanish after saying "No habla Espanol didn't work.

Comment

Working...
                                X