Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know some stores had those in my area about 5 years ago. They lasted about two weeks before they disappeared.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      of course my fav store also has half-carts
      so i can easily see parents letting an older child push the cart for them, as a learning experience
      Whole foods has those here - they're full sized in height, just half the length.

Quoth mattm04 View Post
      I know some stores had those in my area about 5 years ago. They lasted about two weeks before they disappeared.
      Stolen?
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
        Whole foods has those here - they're full sized in height, just half the length.

Stolen?
        Unless every cart in every store of the chain was stolen. I believe they removed them due to kids hitting people/things.

Comment

I'm not sure if they weren't around until I was older, or if we just never went to the stores that had them, but by the time I first saw kiddie carts I was big enough to push the full sized one. I still wanted the little one (I was small enough to use them, and they're obviously way cooler), but I'm not sure I got to use it.

I'm really glad that the local grocery store doesn't have kiddie carts. They have three sizes of carts as it is, I don't want it to get even more difficult to find the cart I want. (I understand that the appeal of the two-layer carts is that you don't have to stack stuff on top of soft things, but they're just more of a pain to use.)

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
            As much as I would love to keep my kids entertained when I shop...I can barely push one of those things around. Theyre so hard and bulky.
            Same here - my daughter loved those carts when she was younger, but I hated using them because it was near-impossible to back the cart up, turn corners,.....etc.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
              I wish some of the other stores had those. I don't need the full size cart since I'm just shopping for myself, but it's enough that it's too heavy to lug a hand basket around.

Not to mention that my little bit of stuff looks just pitiful in the big cart.
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
              X