Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'I Hate Mexicans!' and other stories...

Well, I finally got to go on a vacation. Now I understand why I heard some of the locals complaining about "all those damned tourists." Even though it's the tourists who keep the economy running here.

For the title: We stayed in a hotel that included breakfast, which was held at a local restaurant called 'That Mexican Place' (great name!) but had an american continental breakfast; eggs, sausage, toast, etc. We're sitting at our table when a middle-aged man and his wife sit behind us. We hear him ask the hostess "is the food spicy? Because I can't handle spicy." She assures him it is regular fare, no spice. He asks again "Are you sure, because I have a bad tooth." She assures him again. After she left, he told his wife to go up first and try the food just to be safe. I was going for seconds and when I stood-up I turned to talk to the man. I told him I couldn't stand spicy food either, but this breakfast was normal food and tasted great! He replied "Well, I can't take any chances, I have a bad tooth and I HATE MEXICANS!"

I said "What???"
    He said "I hate mexicans! I'm very prejudiced and..."
    I cut him off and said "I'm not talking to you anymore." and turned for the buffet.
    When I came back to the table, the man was grabbing his wife and hauling ass out of there! Apparently, he'd tried to say the same stuff to my boyfriend, who told him he didn't want to hear it. The man then huffed and complained and told his wife "We're leaving before the mexicans take our jobs too!"
    The hostess and the waitress just laughed about it afterwards. Funny; I don't recall seeing a single ethnic person working the restaurant either, I think they just picked the name because it was funny!

Secondly, the town we were staying in had lots of little shops. I saw a lady walking from an icecream place with a cup and napkin. Apparently, she could not stand to walk the several-dozen feet to the next trash can, so she stepping into the street and shoved her trash down the sewer grate! I wanted to yell at her, but I was going the opposite way down the road. THOSE are the tourists I hate!

Thirdly, the people who parked crooked, shaving about a dozen spaces from the lot, because they didn't want anyone touching their precious cars!

And fourth, the people who complained loudly about having to walk ALLLLL the way to the beach, and why didn't the area have any beach houses? Ummmm...It's about 50 feet, and the place is a wildlife refuge; no building you morons!!! Oh, and death to the assholes who were smoking on the beach and flicking their cigarette butts on the sand!!! Oh, and the people who left dirty diapers behind them too...

Other than that, I want to come back to this place again!!! But with tranquilizer darts for the annoying tourists!!!
    Last edited by LillFilly; 08-10-2010, 10:49 AM.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

...I kind of like the fact that a guy just came out and said "I'm very prejudiced."

I approve of the honesty
    Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Why would he even go to a place with Mexican in the name if he couldn't have spicy food and he hates Mexicans?

Comment

Quoth jjc927 View Post
        Why would he even go to a place with Mexican in the name if he couldn't have spicy food and he hates Mexicans?
        So he could tell them he was prejudiced against them?
        Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
        http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Quoth zombiequeen View Post
          Probably the same reason why rich snobs shop at thrift places like Walmart and Goodwill: It pathetically boosts their fat ego to be surrounded by people that they look down on.

Comment

Quoth zombiequeen View Post
            He felt it important that people be aware of his prejudices.
            Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

If it's called Tourist Season, why can't I take a super soaker out to 'hunt' the tourists...? Some of those people seem to be prime examples of needing to do that...
              Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Quoth jjc927 View Post
                I would guess that he had paid the hotel for breakfast without knowing the restaurant's name. Not that the name should be important any way if just the food is good.

Comment

Maybe I missed it but please tell me you vacationed in Mexico.
                  Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                    Maybe I missed it but please tell me you vacationed in Mexico.
                    No, coast of Virginia!
                    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Why do I see this title and I somehow think of Cheech and Chong's Nice Dream and the scene where Chong is trying to sleep with a girl and she informs him that his boyfriend broke out of jail and hates Mexicans?

"Hey open the door..."

Comment

You know, people like that are why I try to hide the fact that I'm a tourist.
                        Last time I went to San Fran was really easy to figure out I was a tourist because I had a city pass on me for discounted entry to the museums (and free use of the bus/subway ), but when I had it in my pocket (like after I had passed the turnstile into the subway and didn't need it out again until I got to my destination), I apparently fit in so well that other tourists mistook me for a local and were quite surprised when I told them that I could tell them where they needed to go on the Metro, but I couldn't really help them with the buses.
                        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                        X