This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    WHY MUST YOU SHATTER THESE TRUTHS I HOLD TO BE SELF-EVIDENT?!

Just one of my many talents.

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
      o.0 Well, that's news to me! But aww, sweet! I don't think I'm sexy, just another sarcastic chubby chick with no internal filter on what I say.
      Lupo, it's an attitude like that which would make me turn straight for you... you know, if I weren't already engaged
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

While people like this may not make sense to you or I, I am reminded of a statement a friend made to me once.

Basically, while visiting Chicago, he observed a homeless man rubbing his bare nipples and asking women if they wanted to have sex with him. Two hours later my friend saw the person in the same spot doing the exact same thing. His conclusion: It must have worked at least once.

So keep that it mind, these guys, at one point, got a woman to go out with them while yelling out of their car.

Comment

Sporko, that may be, but I go to sleep telling myself that they read it in those pig-man magazines or hear it from their like-minded friends.

Any girl dumb enough to go ga-ga over some creepy schmuck who hits on her by the dumpster or mailbox.....errr....please don't tell me there are girls that dumb.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
            Sporko, that may be, but I go to sleep telling myself that they read it in those pig-man magazines or hear it from their like-minded friends.

Any girl dumb enough to go ga-ga over some creepy schmuck who hits on her by the dumpster or mailbox.....errr....please don't tell me there are girls that dumb.
            There must be.

This could explain quite a lot about my neighbors.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              Lupo, it's an attitude like that which would make me turn straight for you... you know, if I weren't already engaged
              You know...oddly enough, you're not the first gay man to tell me this(though it was "if I didn't have a boyfriend already" in one case and "if I didn't have a husband" in another...) On the one hand it's supremely flattering. On the other, depressing because all the decent men who aren't skeezy pervs that seem interested in me are all gay.

Just special that way I guess!

Comment

I had this happen to me a short while ago (days, not hours).

Hubs was not feeling well, so I make the 1/2 block trek to the nearest store to get him some ginger-ale. Store lady puts it in a brown bag for me (uh-oh). and I begin the journey home.

I'm halfway home when some idiot decides to drive real slow in his van, in the opposite lane, to ask "What you got in the bag, darlin?"

"Uhm...ginger ale soda?"

"I got some real drinks at home hun."

"Good for you. This is for my HUSBAND." Yes I was all shouty like that too.
                The guy drove off real fast...and my darling husband was well enough to look for me on his bike because he thought I was gone too long, he unfortunately missed the creeper van though. I bet I would have been very entertained watching him chase the van.
                Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

I was on the bus once, and a guy was asking me what I as knitting. I explained that I was making socks for my fiance. Now, I don't know if I said it in a "get away from me creeper" way, or if he was just looking to chat up the nerdy girl, because girls who aren't pretty tend to be easier targets, but he shut up at that point. I was disappointed, because it was a long ride, and I had been hoping for conversation . (Really convenient way to sift out the creepers though).

Comment

That's not true in my opinion, Mag. On the whole, I think women in general are easier targets for being accosted, and it really doesn't matter if you're a young Vanna White clone or look like Velma from Scooby Doo.

It could be said that women with low self esteem are the easiest targets, but I don't really believe that, either. I can carry myself well and look ready to take on the world and some schmuck will still "Hey baby, can I get yo numba?!" me.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                      That's not true in my opinion, Mag. On the whole, I think women in general are easier targets for being accosted, and it really doesn't matter if you're a young Vanna White clone or look like Velma from Scooby Doo.
                      There's some both ways. I do understand that sexual harassment is a power thing, not something based on actual attraction. But when it's someone was being relatively polite, then it's a slightly different story.

There's the whole "pick-up artist" thing though, where guys think that they can pick up women without harassing them (if they stuck to bars I might believe this). As far as I know, one of the tricks is that you don't want to go after the most attractive women, because they're used to being hit on, whereas a plainer woman will be flattered and therefore more susceptible.

Comment

Ew, sleaze. Like the guy when I was on the bus who spent the whole time being a jackass, telling everyone how he'd cheated on his fiancee with several different girls, and then wanted me to get a drink with him between transfers [which by the way, you aren't supposed to do on Greyhound!]. EW NEVER.

With the plainer woman being flattered and more susceptible...that depends on if they realize the guy's even hitting on them. It has to be the most obvious come-on in the world, or I don't get it lol!
                        "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                        "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                        Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                          But I suppose it beats the ones in cars that slow down and say creepy things.....

You can blame Mr. Microphone for that!

Mike
                          Meow.........

Comment

This thread very much reminds me of a really creepy incident which my sister and I experienced back when we were teens ........

Every so often, it would work out that my sister and I would have to walk home from the high school, and normally it wasn't a very eventful trip. However, that day we'd gotten about halfway home when a guy in a brown truck pulled up alongside us and asked if we wanted/needed a ride. We declined his "offer", and apparently he did NOT get the hint - kept circling back around and slowing down as he passed us......"leering" would be the best description for the look he kept giving us.

Needless to say, my sister and I were creeped out and were afraid that the guy might try to follow us home, but fortunately that didn't happen. We did, however, end up seeing the creepy guy again some time later as we were walking home - although that time, he just stuck to making obscene gestures with his hands and tongue and only drove by once.

Comment

I thought I was the only freak magnet. I always have my huge wedding ring on and a smaller ring on my other hand for those idiots that don't seem to know which hand the wedding ring goes on and I still get morons thinking it's perfectly acceptable to try to hit on me.

The last time, I was walking back home from taking my little guy to school and a man who had dropped his child off yells out his van window "Are you looking at me?" I'm thinking I have my sunglasses on and I was looking forward, so what the heck? I just keep walking thinking the guy is some sort of freak, but I still keep an eye on him in case he runs up on me.

He then yells out his window "ARE YOU MARRIED?" I tell him I am he asks if I'm sure. Why wouldn't I be sure, before I can answer he proposes! Uhhh?? He then goes on to tell me his child needs a good mother and I seem like I would be a good wife and mother. Well, I figure my husband thinks so too. I inform him that my husband thinks so and we are very happy together.

I told my husband about it when he got home from work and he told it was the strangest way to hit on someone he has ever heard. He then told me I'm just that beautiful. He is so silly sometimes.

At a school function days after that, the man saw me and my husband together and wouldn't look at me after that.
                              Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                                At a school function days after that, the man saw me and my husband together and wouldn't look at me after that.
                                That's when you and your husband should begin to whisper and looking at him .

Comment

Working...
                                X