This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please SHUT UP!

Yesterday, I went to our local Renaissance Faire which I love going to but haven't been able to go for the last couple of years, so I was all excited about being there. My daughter walked around with me even though I walk very slowly because of the pain in my legs. I know she would have preferred to go a lot faster but she never once said a word about it nor about me having to sit down a couple of times. My guys were off in another part of the Faire that they wanted to see.

So, towards the end of the night there was a drawing for some dragon puppets that are the AWESOME! I'm standing at the back of the crowd next to the water vendor girl who is talking non stop and waving the money she collected from the sales that day around. I think it's very stupid to be waving that kind of money around in a big crowd, but I don't say anything and go back to listening to the man talk and try to hear the numbers being called.

WVG (water vendor girl) had mentioned she is 17 years old to another guest, so I knew her age. Anyway, she turns to me and tells me how cute and hot the guy speaking is. I told her I hadn't noticed (I hadn't, he is younger than me and I only like older men) I try to go back to hearing the man speak, but she won't stop talking even though I had given her the "MOM LOOK OF DOOM!" because I was trying to listen.

She kept complaining about the job and how far she had to drive and how she wished they would let her work closer to the cute and hot guy. I once again try to ignore her since I can't move from where I am unless I wanted to be in the center of the crowd, which is not a good idea since I have a crowd phobia.

Mr. Mis shows up about this time and gives me a kiss (obvious sign that one should not hit on him, no?) and she proceeds to tell Mr. Mis about how on kilt night she wishes she could do the kilt check and asks Mr. Mis if he wants her to show him how that is done by demonstration on him. My daughter was standing next to me and gave the girl a look and then a "HOLY SHIT! NOW YOU HAVE DONE IT!" look and starts backing away while trying not to snicker at how this might play out with me.

That was it! I don't take kindly to being disrespected by another woman who hits on my husband right in front of me. When I am faced with someone who has made very angry I am very calm and collected even if the person is screaming in my face. Anyway, I tell her she most certainly would not be showing my husband anything such thing and her best course of action was to get away from us. She was smart enough to walk away. My daughter found the whole thing strange and amusing at the same time. Strange because some teenager not much older than her had hit on her father and amusing because of my reaction.

I still enjoyed the holy heck out of the Faire even if my legs are making me pay the most painful of price today. I finally got to see the joust and took a picture of my daughter standing next to guy in a demon like costume. I told her I was going to show her boyfriend and tell him he had been replaced. I sampled many of their fine wines and talked with the different characters. I'm hoping to go back before they close for this year. My daughter has offered to go back with me if we do find the time to go again.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
    Mr. Mis shows up about this time and gives me a kiss (obvious sign that one should not hit on him, no?) and she proceeds to tell Mr. Mis about how on kilt night she wishes she could do the kilt check and asks Mr. Mis if he wants her to show him how that is done by demonstration on him.
    Sheesh, some people just have no class. Dumbass needs to learn that you do not chat up a man in front of his signifigant other, no matter how attractive he is. Good job teaching her that lesson, Mis.

(Not to mention, the lack of professionalism and the fact that she was breaking character and stepping on the other performer's lines, but that's just this frustrated actress's opinion. And yeah, the waving money around bit is stupid too; why not just wear a big sign saying, "Mug me!"?!)
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

You're sure she said 17 and not 29? Because if she's the latter, then apparently my cousin has gone on a road trip and found a job. *shakes head*

Comment

Creepy and lecherous aren't just terms reserved for men. There are some real sick, trashy, shameless women out there.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Umm..weird. and I second what Blas said.

But youre much nicer to that girl than I wouldve been.

Comment

Oh wow, if some chick tried to pull that on my husband while I was there, she would need to be gathered up and carried out of there at the end of it. Nobody messes with my man. He and I are very protective of each other.
            Glad to hear you still had a good time there
            Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
            http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

My husband and I are very close and also protective of each other. Yes, even after 19 years of marriage we are still that way. I was a bit taken aback about how young she was and how utterly bold. I realize my husband and I have an age difference but there is no chance of him leaving because he loves me more than when we got married. The quote of him loving me more now than on our wedding day is his quote not mine.

I was already annoyed with her because she wouldn't shut up so I could listen to the man doing the drawing. She did complain about not being able to get a date, which considering her whining I could see why.

I did love being there and am now working on talking my husband into taking us back since I am so bad at directions and reading a map that I would probably end up half way across the country.

Comment

Can i ask which Ren Faire you went to? If its the one near me, it was the opening weekend last weekend.

I just wanna know which Ren Ho I need to stay away from... LoL.

Comment

Did you just call me a Ren Ho? I will have to challenge you to a joust with the knights of our choosing!

We go to the Manheim, PA Renaissance Faire.

Comment

Sweet. Thats the one I go to. I wont be appearing until September. I wait for the heat and people to dwindle down. Youre brave...going on opening weekend. Lol.

and LMAO, I wasnt calling you a Ren Ho, I was calling the seller that..but you know...if the shoe fits... LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X