This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rant time

I just hate when people go up to me and say "Well, your tattoos are gonna look all wrinkly and smudged when you get older. Why get em?" My response? "I live in the now. I don't look in the future that much. And its worth it to me."

I also hate when people say I'm going to regret my favorite band's logo as a tattoo. They have been my favorite since 2005. I think I am not gonna regret my decision.

I am not a tattoo guy. I have as many tattoos as I do points in the NBA: zero. But I also have no issue with people who get them. If you like them, and they are important to you, fuck what other people think or say. They can go piss up a rope.

I WILL say that a lot of people who got frivolous tattoos in college are going to feel stupid when they get older. "Grandma, why do they call that a tramp stamp?" And I HAVE personally met many people who felt dumb for getting someone else's name, like say an ex, tattooed on them.

But hell, if the tattoo is important to you, fuck what other people think.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      "Grandma, why do they call that a tramp stamp?"
      ... and why does it say "If you can read this, I'm available"?
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I have a tramp stamp.

I'm trying to figure out a way to get it turned into something else other than what it is.

Oh well, at least I don't have to look at it.

I heard it hurts worse to get rid of it, so I'll just tattoo over it. Maybe make it into a few black blobs, like an insanity test. Turn around, lift up my shirt, and ask, "What do you see?"
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I love my tattoo, been going strong for 8 years. I figure too, if anything happens where it doesn't look good anymore, I'll get it turned into something else.

I got it on the shoulder blade; the skin there doesn't change too much.
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

It just sucks having to hear people all the time. Even people my age with tattoos.

Comment

My mom, my sister, and I all got tattoos from the same guy in the same week, three cherry blossoms, all in our own styles. We decided to get them the day before we did. Luckily, I still like mine 3 years later.

I want another, a vine from my right ankle to my left shoulder, but I'm going to do this one properly.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I read a quote recently, something like "The difference between a person with a tatoo and one without is that the tatooed person doesn't care that the other doesn't have one." At a former job--a temp job, mind you--I had a coworker with a calf tatoo of his wife that was slightly inappropriate for the work environment. I decided to ignore it and let management tell him if they wanted it covered. (We could wear shorts or whatever; it was a factory). So one day another coworker decided to complain to me about it. I was in no way a supervisor of any sort. I still have no idea why she complained to me.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

The only thing I regret about any of my tattoos is getting the first one so small. It's a butterfly, but at this point it's basically just a silhouette side view, and kind of hard to tell what it is because it's so small. Eventually I'll have some cover piece done over it to make it look better, a larger butterfly if I can find or come up with one I like. I've had my tattoos for over 20 years now.
                  You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I've seen some ART on people's bodies, and some crappy tats also. Personally, I don't think I will any time soon. As a kid I thought: This is permanent, what if I change my mind? Or once it's on, people can figure me out - it's like branding me.

So I decided to not get a tat. Maybe when I'm older and on a mid-life crisis spree, maybe. Today, now, no.
                    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

When I first decided I wanted a tattoo, I waited almost three years after deciding on what I wanted until I got the ink. I figured that if the appeal hadn't gone away by then, it wouldn't. Been about ten years now

Comment

I love tattoos!! I just know that I'm so indecisive and like so many motifs I will have changed my mind, so I won't get one.

My friend has her name in Japanese...in katakana!! Hey look it actually says what she wants it to! It helps she studied Japanese at school and knows the pitfalls of kanji, especially for Western names. Her fiancé has an awesome sleeve tattoo made of curled shapes filled in with line-based patterns.

Housemate's mum has some too, a butterfly and a curling vine on her right foot.

My grandfather had a naval tattoo, which had descended into an unreadable blue mess by the time I knew him. I figure older techniques, materials, and simple matter of time. It still looked awesome.

And oh oh oh!! One of my English lecturers was AWESOME like this. Sleeve and leg tattooes all over, all monochrome, and he was bald, bearded, wore cycling shorts to lecture and marched up and down the auditorium stage shouting a lot. XD

I think the only one I didn't like was another mate of mine got a redhead on his back, and it wasn't done too well...glow-in-the-dark nipples, and she was very obviously cross-eyed. XP
                        "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

My friend's aunt is a breast cancer survivor who had a partial mastectomy.

She then had reconstructive cosmetic surgery, and the surgeon was able to basically turn the scar tissue into a new "nipple", which was then tattooed to match the other side.

She now threatens to show people her "cool new tattoo"

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                            I was in no way a supervisor of any sort. I still have no idea why she complained to me.
                            She was bouncing the idea off of you in the hopes of getting an ally and likely to work up the nerve to report him herself.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I've had all of mine (4) for 13 years now. Sure, there are times I've thought about getting them removed (mainly when wearing a ballgown for Army balls), but at least I was smart and made sure they can be covered by work shirt length short sleeves. Last place I worked we told a guy not to get one on his forearm for that reason, he didn't listen so he had to wear long sleeves year round. I worked there for about a year before anyone knew I had any tatts, and then they only knew about the ones on my arms.

Comment

Working...
                              X