Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My boyfriend and his two best mates have all been inked up. He's got a skull with a sword through it on his back with something in Old Norse (I can't remember what it means) written on a ribbon underneath.

His best mate who I see almost every damn weekend, has a similar tattoo, but without the writing. He also has some on his torso but I haven't seen them often enough to remember what they are.

On the other hand, his best mate who's in the army, pretty much has a half sleeve of random tatts, which include mostly skulls, but also has a chaos star that he started with.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I have three, and they all have meaning. The rose on my left back shoulder is for my grandma, who was Irish. The dreamcatcher on my left arm is for my dad, who was Native American, and the moon and stars on my right shoulder is for my husband and two sons. I will probably get more, but there are people who will and people who won't, and for those who won't, there is no arguing or changing their minds about it.

Normally if someone says something to me about mine (I'm 51) I will explain that the sagging has already begun, and don't they still look great?
      Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

I have 4 tattoos. First one I got when I was 25, and I've been very careful. Each tattoo has been thought about for years before laying any ink under my skin, and I've researched artists, shops, etc thoroughly before each tattoo was begun. I'm not needing to be as careful (I run a pawn shop, so don't need to have them covered) and they're tasteful. If I wear long sleeved shirts they're covered LOL I do regret the size of the small one that I have, but it's one I designed myself ;-)

I feel it's all in personal taste, and I hate when people are so negative about them (thanks Grandma!) but understand they're not for everyone. I cover them when I know they might be viewed as inappropriate. Don't have to, but sometimes I try to be nice. I'm proud of the art that I wear

Comment

Quoth cashierbex View Post
          I just hate when people go up to me and say "Well, your tattoos are gonna look all wrinkly and smudged when you get older. "
          So are a lot of things IF we're lucky enough to even get older.

As for regrets, doesnt' everyone have a few of one sort or another?

There are plenty of arguements for or against tattoos, at the end of the day, you either like them or don't and want them or don't. One more case of people worrying about things that simply don't concern them.

Having had 1 fiance I didn't marry, and 2 husbands, all Navy, I've seen plenty of tattoos. One person had his own name on his arm (in case he got too drunk to remember ), another had the name of his horse
          I had a Sunday School teacher once who was an old navy Chief, I admit he regretted the half naked mermaids on his forearms in later years.
          I remember one conversation about tatoos (remember, these were 18 or thereabouts year old sailors after a few drinks), they were discussing ideas for "original" tatoos to get. One suggested a bird pulling a worm out of his navel. Another thought chicken tracks coming out of his rear. Conversation stopper was the suggestion of barber stripes........

Madness takes it's toll....
          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

The biggest regret I have is the one on my chest. But that regret is for the shop I went to. They sucked. Can't wait to fix it up and add more to it. I'm a night owl, so it says "Carpe Noctem" and has a moon and star in between the words. But that is it.

Another thing I hated that my dad did. I want the number 13 tattooed on my body somewhere. My dad goes "Its a gang number, you shouldn't do that". For one, its for my great gandmother who passed 12 years ago that I was close to. For two, their gang tattoos is never gonna look like what mine is. For three, it really is none of your business.

My mom does not like women with tattoos on their arms. I think its hot. Guess where the 13 is going? My upper arm. I wear t-shirts all the time so I could give a crap of what people think.
            Last edited by cashierbex; 03-27-2012, 07:14 PM.

Comment

"The difference between a person with a tatoo and one without is that the tatooed person doesn't care that the other doesn't have one."
              not necessarily.

then again ... i'm a former sailor so tattoos aren't unheard of in my old profession.
              thought about getting one myself but decided not to because... well my tastes DO change. plus they're not cheap.

but does this mean others shouldn't get them? Nope.

bout the only time i disliked the idea of a tattoo was when my bf wanted to get one (i like his skin as it is). However I also know him... and know that arguing about it isn't going to do anything - except make him want one even more. So I just zipped my trap shut.

Comment

My husband has an unfinished one on his arm because the guy flaked out and we were never able to find him after the first session...and he was already paid. I'm going to bring him to my ex-brother-in-law to have it finished when we go to Michigan next. He's done all of mine (free) and has been doing it for years now. As it is a tribute to hubbys combat scroll, it needs to be done right. He has 2, both designed himself, one while waiting to go into Afghanistan.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                  ...another had the name of his horse
                  I've heard that a real cowboy love his horse more than his girlfriend...
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jester;1022542]

And I HAVE personally met many people who felt dumb for getting someone else's name, like say an ex, tattooed on them.

Exactly Jester. From the earliest time I can remember, my dad had "Jackie" tattooed on his arm. My parents married at age 21, so he had to have had it done in college, prior to age 21. My mom's name?? Helen

He died with that name still tattooed on his arm. And it still pisses my mom off, 21 years after he died

Comment

The only names I would ever consider having etched onto my body would be those of my family (children, mostly), or possibly of someone close who has died as a memorium (it's sure as hell a lot more respectful than those silly car announcements).

I am still considering the idea of getting a unicorn tatted somewhere on me. But considering my record, I'll likely still be procrastinating about it the day I die.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

I am still considering the idea of getting a unicorn tatted somewhere on me. But considering my record, I'll likely still be procrastinating about it the day I die.
                        Would it be pink and going "Shun the nonbeliever! SHuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!"
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

*twitch*

... I loathe that series...

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Someone hates Charlie the Unicorn?
                            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Yup. Well, I don't hate Charlie himself. He's cool. I just can't stand everything else about the series. >_<

^-.-^

Comment

But it loves you! Almost as much as starfishes!

Comment

Working...
                                X