This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Probably Nuts

I've been running for about two weeks, and I've decide to train for a 5k. This 5k.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

My girls are talking about doing that one

Comment

I don't run, but that looks like it would be fun.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Go for it! Use the Runner's World forums for encouragement and ideas.

I used to run the Tufts 10K in Boston every year with my field hockey and ski teams. Tons of fun, even if I'm not much of a runner. My best overal time was somewhere around 55 minutes, I think my one-mile personal record topped out at 8:30. My sister usually ran it in around 48 minutes, but she was a XC runner, so she was better suited to long distances. I was better at sprints.

Comment

I'm not in near enough shape for a 5k, but if I was, I would totally do that one. I've read about it before, and I hear it's loads of fun! That, and the Warrior Dash always looked fun, too.
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Which one? I know a couple of my friends are going to be zombies at the Pennsylvania one, and one of my co-workers is running in the Maryland Halloween (10-27) run (if he doesn't kill himself doing triathlons before then)...
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

PA. I'm hoping my cousin (and running buddy) will join me. I was thinking of proposing a CS meetup, a little closer to the time.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I was told about that while at a cake competition a couple weeks ago. Sounds pretty fun.
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Sounds a lot more interesting than a regular 5k. Do it!!
                  "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Hilarious. I'd love to watch one of those.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                      Hilarious. I'd love to watch one of those.
                      That might be fun. The PA one isn't all that far from me (about 2 hours) and watching would be cool. Have to check my schedule...
                      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

My girls are doing the PA one. I am a couple of hours south

Comment

I wish I had someone local who would drag me out running. I hate it, but if I have a partner to run with, it makes it a bit easier to get off my ass. Plus there's that whole "meh, I don't wanna do it, but I promised <person> so I better go meet them..."

Comment

Holy cow, that looks like SO MUCH FUN.
                            By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

I gotta send that link to my coworker. He's a runner and also a horror movie buff. Wonder if he's heard of it.

A few months ago he ran one of those mud runs and there was a live wire involved, which knocked him out (as well as several other people, apparently).
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X