Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just the people I know that do this?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, sorry, not just you. I must get 5-10 emails a day from my mom that have been forwarded, things that I just DON'T care about or that have been shown on Snopes to be wrong. I just grin and bear it, cause it won't change and arguing with her about it wastes my time (it doesn't waste hers, she loves to argue)
    Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

Absolutely not just you. My father has a really bad tinfoil hat about Obama (please, NO COMMENTS here or elaboration, JUST A FACT) and my grandparents (mom's dad and stepmom) repeatedly send him the latest rumors/conspiracies about him or whatever the anti-Obama people come up with are saying, and he will "send to all" every. single. time. Absolutely some outrageously incorrect stuff.

And anyone on Facebook, e-mails or anything that sends those stupid "If you're a true friend" or "If you care" or "Send this to x many people or the clown will get you!" needs to be shot.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

My Fiance gets something like these from her mom, daily. Only they are always religious, or political vitriol. Luckily she doesn't send anything that has been Snopes'd as when we went down to visit her, a Christmas ago, i showed her Snopes. She spent 16 hours on it while we were there. in one day...
        To ensure it does not happen again, we have changed our slogan to "F%#k you, I'm eating!" ----- Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

My best friend's mum posts these all over FB and I've set it up so that I don't have to see it. Sometimes FB plays up and I get to see stuff that has been debunked by Snopes, which does help when she tries to tell me about it in person.
          Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

There's a guy that works with the company I work for and who I have a lot in common with, despite practically everything about our backgrounds being completely different.

Anyway, he will forward me things that people forward to him. It's gotten to the point where he forwards them to me not so much to share them, but to learn what the real story is, since no matter what it is he sends, I have some correction or clarification that the screed in question ignored in order to make their bigotry less obvious.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
            X