Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, all my doc's clinic nurse did was tell me the results and whether the doctor thought I'd need to come back in or not. What she said was, "The results came back normal, so Dr X says to start the meds and we'll see you in a month as scheduled for your follow up. Call us if you have any issues with the meds, okay?" Best way to handle it, to be honest.
    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I hate when I get patients that do not understand why I can't tell them lab, and especially test results. I will bend the rules sometimes, like telling a patient that has been on Coumadin (a "blood thinning" drug) for a long time what the INR is, or telling a patient what their blood count is if they specifically ask.
      Although sometimes I do question the correctness of lab results. I remember once getting an emergent admission of a patient that had a critically low platelet level on routine blood work he had gotten done the day before. We repeat the blood work once he's admitted, and the level was completely normal. I was off for the next few days, but would have loved to know what they found out.

Comment

I've told patients lab results when it's clear they understand what the results mean and the doctor has already seen them and written his orders.

Like the patient we had last week who was getting a unit of blood. She wanted to know what her H&H was. I just went ahead and told her; she had a blood disorder and got blood transfusions all the time.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
          Like the patient we had last week who was getting a unit of blood. She wanted to know what her H&H was. I just went ahead and told her; she had a blood disorder and got blood transfusions all the time.
          Shhh! [looks shiftily around] Geez, you know if word gets around you're using common sense again, the Red Tape monster will come back for you.

The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
          X