This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth shanarocks View Post
    I think it was somewhere around 16,000 or so.

Sounds like a lot but when these customers routinely use their cards for high dollar purchases and pay only a fraction on every bill, it's really not.
    TBH, based on my experience with the average "type" of customer using that card, I'm not at all impressed by her 16,000 points. More often than not, the "investment rewards" accounts that I serviced had monthly statement balances upwards of $10,000 and were paid in full every month. Most of those customers are loaded and pretty financially savvy; I could count on one hand the number of "investment rewards" accounts I saw which were accruing interest on a revolving balance.

Redeeming those points for cash is about the dumbest thing you can do. If the customer has their account set up for the rewards to deposit into an eligible investment account, the points have more value...normally 2% per dollar.

If she wants cash back, then she should have opened an account for a cash rewards credit card.
    Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

Quoth Headset Hellion View Post
      If she wants cash back, then she should have opened an account for a cash rewards credit card.
      Exactly! These cards that have a travel, investment, power, or balanced rewards program are not ideal for cash back rewards. Balanced doesn't even give you cash in hand, anyways.
      "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is." - Ellen DeGeneres

Comment

Working...
      X