X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• most wonderful time of the year my eye

Guys. Seriously.

I get that it's "the most wonderful time of the year" and everybody and their mother is looking for a deal, but...

When you come to my counter with an item and demand "How much off this do I get", and you're told "sorry, that's not on sale today", the correct response is not to throw a tantrum. Sorry about it, but there are plenty of other things in this expansive, decently stocked department store of ours that ARE on sale. We're not the bad guys for having exceptions to sales. You're the bad guy for expecting businesses to operate at a loss just to placate you.

EXTRA: We're not the bad guys for having fine print on the signs that YOU declined to read. Its not misleading, nor is it deception on our part. The information is there. The only reason you didn't get said information is laziness and ignorance on your part.
    Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet...

I HATE when they use the word misleading. They don't read. I no longer even respond to the statement. I pretend I didn't even hear that word.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I keep thinking I'm going to get written up because I respond to it with the most polite, cheerful voice I can muster up, saying "Nope, not misleading cos it's there, you just must not have read that part! Now, what would you like to do?"
      Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet...

Comment

Yah we have a nice bright pink sign at out store that says ALL IN STOCK CHRISTMAS TREES 30-50% OFF what do customers see?? CHRISTMAS 50% OFF lol it hasn't happened much.

Comment

Quoth veniteangeli View Post
          EXTRA: We're not the bad guys for having fine print on the signs that YOU declined to read. Its not misleading, nor is it deception on our part. The information is there. The only reason you didn't get said information is laziness and ignorance on your part.
          We have the same problem! The funny thing is, the "fine print" on our signs is about 1/4 inch tall. It's very easy to see; I can read a sign even without my bifocals. Yet people still piss and moan about the "fine print".
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I can see most of the signs in my area just by leaning over the counter. If someone is being a jerk, I'll lean over the counter and point to the sign and read it to them.

However, and this is what so many people don't seem to understand...if you are nice and seem to be honestly confused...I have the discretion and power to give you a discount. Yell at me because you don't like company policy or think that those big red signs are misleading and I'll just call a manager who will tell you no.

Comment

Everyone pricetag-switching and constantly bitching 'til discounts appear. Oh, it's the most scammerful time of the year . . . You know the words, sing along.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
              X