X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF....?

I'm at a loss for a title for this one.

Babysitting SCO as usual. A couple comes up and start scanning.

Boyfriend/husband/whatever waves me over. "She says these vitamins should be on sale for $7. They're ringing up at $9 and I believe that means they're free." I notice that they didn't even use the store card, that's why. Not even going to pay attention to the 'free' comment.
    Me: "Did you use a store card/do you have one?"
    SC: "No, they're on sale!"
    Me: "Let me put in the store card and the sale should come up at the end." *hits "store card" button* "Okay, you should be all set. The discount will show up at the end."
    SC scans the vitamins again. This time the discount comes off in the item line.
    SC: "That one came up on sale but the other one didn't! Take that one off!"
    I need to void one anyway because SC scanned it twice despite me and his SO telling him that he didn't need to. So I void one of them; the void shows up onscreen like any other item, but in red with a "CL" designation (doesn't show up on the receipt). And includes the voided discount.

So the vitamins that were scanned before the card entry came up at full price. The vitamins he scanned after I entered the card came up with the discount as they should. SC thought I removed the "sale" vitamins...they're the same item, so it doesn't matter which one I remove, it's still on sale.

SC: "You took off the one that's on sale and left the full price one!"
    Me and SO share a "WTF" glance. How do I explain this one...?
    Me: "They are on sale; we put in a card after you scanned them so the sale will come off at the end."
    SC: "But you took off the wrong one!"
    Me: "It's the same item. Two were scanned in, I took off one, so you still have one. The sale price will come off at the end since we put a card in in the middle."
    SC: "Are you sure? You better be right!" *I hate that phrase*
    I total the transaction and among the discounts is one for $2 (I know it's the vitamin discount, although it doesn't refer to the item) "It's right there."
    SC: "How do you know? Are you sure?"
    SO finally pipes up: "She's been doing this far more than we have and I'm sure has to explain this all the time. I told you at the beginning not to scan the vitamins again; if you hadn't done that we'd be done five minutes ago."
    The look of sheer confusion/frustration on SC's face is epic.
    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 12-22-2014, 04:25 AM.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
    "She says these vitamins should be on sale for $7. They're ringing up at $9 and I believe that means they're free."
    gimme pig! They always want something for free! They just will not comprehend that stores are in business to make money, not give away the product that the store paid for! You want something free, go to a charity.
    Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
    SO finally pipes up: "She's been doing this far more than we have and I'm sure has to explain this all the time. I told you at the beginning not to scan the vitamins again; if you hadn't done that we'd be done five minutes ago."
    The look of sheer confusion/frustration on SC's face is epic.
    Busted! Love it when they get what's coming to them. Even sweeter when it's their friend or family member giving it to them.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

BRAVO to the jerk's SO!
      "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
      .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

I'm so glad his SO pwned him and stuck up for you!

Comment

I swear on everything I hold holy...there needs to be a literacy test given to customers before they are allowed to touch a trolley or basket. If the wing nut cannot demonstrate a third grade reading level he/she should not be allowed to enter the store. PROVE TO ME you can read the words found all store signs before you try to use the "gimme" card. I can see where words like "with store card" OR "selected varieties" present special challenges to those who cannot read words with more than three letters

Ok over.

Comment

I agree with carryonnow! I can't tell you how many times I've had to explain to custys that the sales ring up AFTER I hit the total button. Also, we now have some select gums buy one get one free, to get rid of them. It's been a week and I'm ready to bang my head on the counter, because it'd be more productive than explaining to SC after SC that it's only the marked kinds of gum that are on sale. As for the OP, I love that the SO tried to straighten him out! Yes! More people should be that way!
            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

One reason why my local supermarket got rid of the SCOs.
              cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                gimme pig! They always want something for free! They just will not comprehend that stores are in business to make money, not give away the product that the store paid for! You want something free, go to a charity. Busted! Love it when they get what's coming to them. Even sweeter when it's their friend or family member giving it to them.
                Well, in most major retailers in Canada, she'd be right about it being free if it scanned higher than the shelf price.

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/e...eng/01262.html for details.

Comment

Working...
                X