This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you don't sound very enthusiastic

SC: Yea my card keeps getting declined for fraud and I know with the holidays and the whole Home Depot thing, you gotta be careful

Me: Let me verify these transactions then I'll get the block removed

SC: I just thought of an idea. I could have one card for my recurring payments then another to make charges. Don't you think that's a great idea?

Me: If that's what you want to do, sure

SC: well you don't sound thrilled about it. What objections do you have?

Me: I don't have any objections

SC: well then please sound more enthusiastic. NOW, don't you think this is a great idea?

Me: yes

SC: Ok I'm still not convinced. You've got some concerns about my idea and I would really like to hear them

Me: I don't have any concerns, sir

SC: so then what I want you to say is "it's the greatest idea I've ever heard. I wish I had thought of that"

Me: it's the greatest idea I've ever had. I wish I had thought of that.

SC: well I don't think you believe that in your heart but I won't push it any further. Have a nice day

Quoth moneybags View Post
    SC: well you don't sound thrilled about it. What objections do you have?
    Me: I don't get paid to sound thrilled about your ideas.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

"Me: it's the greatest idea I've ever had. I wish I had thought of that."

If the idea is to throw the idiot into a pot of boiling oil, I agree! ��
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

SC: well then please sound more enthusiastic. NOW, don't you think this is a great idea?
        Another child of "the customer is always right" society. They think they have the right to dictate another human beings emotions. Awesome. I assume the call might have been monitored? Otherwise it would have been funny to reply in the most over the top ecstatic voice you could manage.

"THAT'S THE MOST AMAZING IDEA I'VE EVER HEARD, YOU SIR, ARE A GENIUS!"
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

This is the most infuriating telling-someone-how-to-feel sorry ever heard.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

SC: so then what I want you to say is "it's the greatest idea I've ever heard. I wish I had thought of that".

Uhhh, oops, my phone just disconnected.... (not sorry)

I am a person, not a dog. So, yeah, no. Just no.
            "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is." - Ellen DeGeneres

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
              This is the most infuriating telling-someone-how-to-feel sorry ever heard.
              And it wasn't like he was deliberately being a pain. He was a nice guy. He just wanted me to get all excited about his idea and I saw no reason to.

Comment

"I don't sound thrilled? Dude, I've been here for eight hours today, dealing with schmucks who can't figure out how to handle their own money, getting yelled at by loonies over late fees, my boss getting on my case, and now you're telling me how I should feel?! The only thing that would thrill me now is being allowed to clock out and head to the nearest bar!"

Yeah, we're human beings, not clockwork robots. We cannot switch our emotions on and off (granted, some people can, but they're making a lot more money in TV and movies than we are in our jobs!) The customer does not get to tell us how to feel any more than we can do the same to them. In other words, they can take their puppet-master complex and shove it up their nether regions.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

oh god this reminds me of the woman who didn't like when I said something should work instead of it will.
                  Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                  Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

^ Just ridiculous. It's rude to correct grammar, and your grammar wasn't even wrong.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I said "I don't see why not" when a woman asked me if she could do something at a branch and she snapped "that is not an answer. It's either yes or no"

Comment

oh she wasn't correcting my grammar she was upset I couldn't guarantee her audio recording she was having copied by someone else to 100 cds would work for every person she sent it to.
                        Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                        Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
                          oh she wasn't correcting my grammar she was upset I couldn't guarantee her audio recording she was having copied by someone else to 100 cds would work for every person she sent it to.
                          "I cannot guarantee the efforts of others shall succeed."
                          "Announcing your intentions is a good way to hear God laugh." Al Swearingen (Deadwood)

Comment

If you want something on hand that reacts to EVERY proclamation you make with "WOW! You are a GENIUS who's RAW INTELLECT is so darn SUPERIOR to mine, I'll just sit here and BASK in your incredible GLORY!" then I suggest you get yourself a nice Labrador retriever
                            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

The OP's customer's idea could be awesome, but why demand that someone else feel on command? It sounds like this person wants some level of permission to do this, and then when it breaks, blaming OP.

*hands over cookies*
                              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                              -----
                              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
                              X