This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth justhere View Post
    I will admit to calling my bank and asking to speak to a manager.

I had a question using my online bill pay, and used their online feature to ask the question, and the CSR refused to talk to me because I wasn't my DH, even though it was a joint account*. Turns out online bill pay is run by a 3rd party, and the bank doesn't like the company they are using, and I was told they'll be switching to a new company at the beginning of the year - and one of the reasons was because they insisted on only looking at the first name on the account, even for joint accounts and not acknowledging the second name, unless a special request was put through by the bank, which the manager then did so for me.

*yes, I then did lie to her and say I was getting my DH, made her wait about a minute and then told her I was my DH. It was words typed on a screen - how would she know if I was who I claimed to be?
    *laughs* When I worked customer service for Best Buy (Note: Did not work for best buy but a 3rd party) people would try to get info about accounts. Now I couldn't give them out, but oh how many times I wish I could have said "Just tell us you are the person's name on the account" I don't care if the name is Manly Mcmaniton and you sound like a 3yr girl who inhaled helium.. we could NOT challenge your statement. Or if the name is Mrs Mcgirliton and you sound like you gargle with rocks. Same thing.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
      *laughs* When I worked customer service for Best Buy (Note: Did not work for best buy but a 3rd party) people would try to get info about accounts. Now I couldn't give them out, but oh how many times I wish I could have said "Just tell us you are the person's name on the account" I don't care if the name is Manly Mcmaniton and you sound like a 3yr girl who inhaled helium.. we could NOT challenge your statement. Or if the name is Mrs Mcgirliton and you sound like you gargle with rocks. Same thing.
      Ha, absolutely. I've had customers do that but I couldn't challenge. Now, on the flipside, if I could hear them talking to someone after every question, I am required to ask if they are the cardholder and offer translation services if necessary. Most times, the cardholder doesn't speak English.
      "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is." - Ellen DeGeneres

Comment

Working...
      X