This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THAT'S IT??!!??

So, we have rewards programs for our credit cards. Some are cash back, some are travel, AAA.....ect.

Customer calls in about the rewards on an investments credit card. This particular card's rewards program is tiered for cash back at certian level. The conversion from point to cash changes the more points they have.

ME: So the cash conversion for your rewards points is $130.74.
    SC: HOw many points did I have?
    ME: *rambles point amount* (I don't remember what it was)
    SC: That's it??!!! All those points and that's it? I used this card and bla blah blah blah (this is where I tune her out because complaining about a REWARDS program is not going to get you anywhere since we can't modify points earned or change the program)
    ME: You're more than welcome to continue saving the points to reach the tier wher they redeem at 1% for cash back.
    SC: That is just ridiculous. I guess just leave them there *click*

"My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is." - Ellen DeGeneres

Hey, an extra $130 and change sounds pretty good to me. Money is money.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

EXACTLY! I'm so tired of listening to these entitled bitches whining about a late fee or the rewards not being enough. There are people out there with REAL problems.
      "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is." - Ellen DeGeneres

Comment

What the hell?! We (family) got around £20 from a loyalty program we're part of and we were damn grateful. I don't know how much $130 is in pound sterling but I'm sure it's a lot. Some people think the world and everyone in it owes them something, and whatever they get thrown at them just isn't enough. You could offer someone the world and they'd cuss and scream demanding the whole solar system...

Comment

83.53 in pounds sterling, says Google's currency converter as of about a minute before I type this.
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
            83.53 in pounds sterling, says Google's currency converter as of about a minute before I type this.
            Yep, that's a lot. What I could do with £83. Some people are so ungrateful.

Comment

Quoth shanarocks View Post
              EXACTLY! I'm so tired of listening to these entitled bitches whining about a late fee or the rewards not being enough. There are people out there with REAL problems.
              Tell me about it. There's enough REAL problems in the world without folks inventing crap.

I practically laughed out loud at a coworker yesterday morning who was telling me about a customer whining b/c one particular kind of candy bar rang up CHEAPER than the price on the tag stated.

Really, he was getting it cheaper, what's to complain about? I told her point blank that guy could live MY LIFE and then he'd have plenty of real problems to complain about. Otherwise he could STFU.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth shanarocks View Post
                So, we have rewards programs for our credit cards. Some are cash back, some are travel, AAA.....ect.

Customer calls in about the rewards on an investments credit card...
                You have my sympathies! I worked for that bank in CMO service-to-sales for over 2 years. Those "investment" customers were the bane of my existence. They are the WORST! Living proof that money does not buy happiness.
                Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

Years ago I had a credit card with a similar rewards structure, their conversion was 1000 points = $1 credit. Typically in systems like this, companies just massively inflate the points number to make it seem more impressive.
                  "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Just out of curiosity, how many points WOULD it take to get $130? I bet it's over 9000! :P

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
                      Just out of curiosity, how many points WOULD it take to get $130? I bet it's over 9000! :P
                      WHAT?! NINE THOUSAND?! THERE'S NO WAY THAT CAN BE RIGHT!
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I've only had to deal with one "rewards" shopper in my entire life, and thankfully she was awesome. I worked for the Dale of Blooms for a short time, and I had this one lady spending an extraordinary amount of money, and put it all on her Visa branded store card. She went on and on about how she uses that card for everything because of the rewards (this was back in the mid 90's when this sort of thing was still pretty new). She then went on to tell me that instead of paying cash for her daughter's $500K+ wedding (this was a very well heeled area), she put in all on that card and then paid it off immediately, racking up a huge amount of cash back rewards. Her current shopping trip was spending part of those rewards on herself, and of course, using the card again to get even more points.

I wish they were all like that. She was a hoot.
                        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
                          With the credit card rewards through my credit union I get 1 point for every dollar spent, and can get a rebate of 1 cent for every point. Thus a $130 rebate would cost 13,000 points.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I think it was somewhere around 16,000 or so.

Sounds like a lot but when these customers routinely use their cards for high dollar purchases and pay only a fraction on every bill, it's really not.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                              I've only had to deal with one "rewards" shopper in my entire life, and thankfully she was awesome. I worked for the Dale of Blooms for a short time, and I had this one lady spending an extraordinary amount of money, and put it all on her Visa branded store card. She went on and on about how she uses that card for everything because of the rewards (this was back in the mid 90's when this sort of thing was still pretty new). She then went on to tell me that instead of paying cash for her daughter's $500K+ wedding (this was a very well heeled area), she put in all on that card and then paid it off immediately, racking up a huge amount of cash back rewards. Her current shopping trip was spending part of those rewards on herself, and of course, using the card again to get even more points.

I wish they were all like that. She was a hoot.
                              She sounds it. My mom used to go to NY spring and fall for her wardrobe, and for mine as well. We kept getting her favorite personal shopper for years, and she was a hoot. I am sure my mom got some sort of reward for however much she and my grandmother and my aunts spent there, I know they treated us extremely well. [back in '66 through probably 74 or 75] We used to go in a gaggle and take over one of the fitting rooms for a couple hours. I can still remember standing there while the lady pinned and marked stuff up for us and going home and having new clothes arrive. I preferred the Christmas Toy expedition to FAO Schwartz though =)
                              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                              X