Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She told me his name (he had told her his name she didn't know him) and I looked it up on our system, there was nothing. It was a foreign sounding name so probably he came from some backwaters country where women are seen as nothing more than servants and hookers. I've had a creepy guest throw some money at me before in hopes that I would go upstairs to his room and he apologized after I told my cw, who had some words with him. He said he was very drunk and remembered nothing of it, but he seemed ashamed. I said that's okay! In my best fake customer are always right voice. I just hoped that he would never stay again. He didnt I think he was too embarrassed.Anyway at least he didn't pull my shirt like this one did to my cw.
    I told my cw, the one that got assaulted, to slap creeps that tried to grab her next time, she laughed and said alright. Maybe the creep gave her a fake name. Either way he's long gone to his country.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

I'd rather be fired from a job that allowed sexual assault to occur without any sort of penalty to the groper. It'd make for an EPIC hostile workplace lawsuit!
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
        She told me his name (he had told her his name she didn't know him) and I looked it up on our system, there was nothing. It was a foreign sounding name so probably he came from some backwaters country where women are seen as nothing more than servants and hookers.
        If your co-worker is feeling brave, it would be worth making a complaint, either to management or to the police, so there is a record of this guy's behaviour. however, she might well be, justifiably, too freaked out.

When I was in college in Yorkshire many years ago (trust me, not "some backwaters country where women are seen as nothing more than servants and hookers"), we were warned by the tutors, who were passing on an alert from the local police, about a bloke in the nearby park who had been throwing money at the girls walking through the park to college, and then trying to drag them off into the bushes. The police knew who he was, and it was just a matter of time till they caught him at it/he tried it on with someone calm enough to give a good description, but in the meantime, we were advised to not walk though the park on our own. So no, please don't assume it's an uneducated/drunk forien guy.

Comment

Quoth scruff View Post
          So no, please don't assume it's an uneducated/drunk forien guy.
          When I worked at scout camp, we had a camper (maybe 15-16, and old enough to know better) say that he wanted to "rape" one of the kitchen staff girls Naturally, when the rest of us found out about it, we always made sure that some of us were around when she was working. Nice girl, in fact.

Anyway, of course, when the higher-ups found out about it, they really didn't want to punish the guy. Mainly, because it was still a "he said/she said" situation. He hadn't done anything, other than make some crude comments. She was clearly afraid, since most of the camp is thickly wooded, and very dark and creepy at night. Naturally, we were pissed, and threatened to quit if he wasn't dealt with.

In the end, he was told to GTFO and never return. The higher-ups caved, because it was in the middle of the summer...and there was no way in hell they could get a replacement staff in time

But, the thing that scares me? If it had been the very beginning of summer, or the very end, would they have done anything?
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
          X