X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale: One Romanian Castle. Condition: Used- Very Good

http://hiconsumption.com/2014/05/dra...w-up-for-sale/

Bran Castle, the inspiration for the setting of Bram Stoker's Dracula, is for sale, apparently. For $80 million.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Yes! Let us pool our money and buy it!

I can throw in $20...
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

But think about the upkeep!
      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
        Let's send a clacks to We Are Igors! (c-mail Yethmarther Uberwald)
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I wonder if I should put in a low bid?

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
            But the keep is already up!

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
              I can throw in $20...
              I'll kick in $20.00. Only $79,999,960.00 to go.
              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
              Save the Ales!
              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

By god, I think we've just found the place to send the Kardashians...
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  NO. A THOUSAND TIMES NO.

...unless you mean strictly to lower the property value to the point where we could collectively purchase it and then give them the boot, in which case go for it!
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                    ...unless you mean strictly to lower the property value to the point where we could collectively purchase it and then give them the boot, in which case go for it!
                    That's the only reason I can see it being beneficial.

I can throw in another $20 BTW. And once we buy the place, we've got to come up with money to redecorate with.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                      There's a better place than that. A few months ago, the media were reporting that there were plans for a manned mission to Mars (to be shown as a reality TV show in order to bring in part of the cash for the effort) with one major catch - it's a one-way mission. Anyone participating would have to spend the rest of their life on Mars.

If the Kardashians go on that mission, I wonder - is there any chance of rounding up the guys who designed the Challenger's boosters to build this rocket?
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        If the Kardashians go on that mission, I wonder - is there any chance of rounding up the guys who designed the Challenger's boosters to build this rocket?
                        Let's have Katie Tiedrich design the rocket.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          Nitpick: the Challenger's boosters were perfectly competently designed. The problem was that they were operated in weather conditions that they were not qualified for. It didn't help that a thermometer, used to check the temperature at various points on the launchpad, was used improperly - it should have been given an acclimatisation period before measurements were taken.

All of this is detailed in a certain Professor Feynman's report.

Comment

I could have sworn that Bran Castle was for sale a couple years back for only 10 million ... having been freshly renovated and been used as a B&B for a couple years. I think it was on the real estate part of cheezburger back when it was just getting started [before it bought out the kawaii webpage also. I really like the old kawaii site =(]
                            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                            X