X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb SC

Dumbness and Suckyness in two parts, Same woman in both stories:

At *bucks this morning in line:
    Woman ahead of me tells the cashier she wants two gift cards with $10 each and a coffee (didn't catch the coffee but the cashier wrote it all down). Cashier tells her to go ahead and choose one.
    SC (who is standing right in front of the display) looks around: "Where are they"?
    Cashier: "Right in front of you, in front of the cash register"
    SC (takes a step back, looks left, looks right, looks over the cashier's head): "Where? I don't see them."
    Cashier reaches over the register and points in front and I point from the side while the SC is still looking randomly around the coffee shop.
    SC (finally lowering her chin like half an inch to see in front of the register): "Oh, there they are!"

As I'm waiting for my tea:
    The barista calls out the SC's drink: "I have a Grande Mocha Cappuccino, extra dry for SC"
    SC: "It's not supposed to have mocha in it."
    Barista looks at cup: "You didn't want the two pumps of chocolate?"
    SC (grabbing the cup): "It was supposed to have chocolate! Not mocha! and this feels rather heavy to be extra dry."
    Barista: "I made it extr...."
    SC (cutting her off): "I guess I'll have to manage somehow" and flounces out of the building.
    Me to Barista (who was looking pretty upset): "She wasn't smart enough to figure out where the gift cards were when she was at the cashier so I doubt she's smart enough to understand that when you add chocolate to coffee it becomes a mocha."
    Barista:
    A crisis is a problem you can't control. Drama is a problem you can, but won't. - Otter

Quoth JambaBamba View Post
    "I guess I'll have to manage somehow"
    I guess she will. FWP.

Glad you spoke up to the barista - sometimes it's nice to know that others see the insanity too.

Comment

Oh, poor thing! She'll have to "manage somehow" with exactly what she ordered....

Talk about first world problems...
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

so she wanted a "non-mocha mocha cappuccino"??? Points for novelty there.

In my area when you order of cup of coffee from the local shops or national chains and ask for "regular" you get one with cream and sugar of whatever ratio the shop has deemed appropriate for the size you ordered. In other parts of the country, "regular" apparently means black, no cream or sugar. Been behind folks from outside the region before while waiting in line for my normal cup of swill, there's usually ranting and raving when they take a sip.

Comment

'I want a cup of coffee. without the cup."

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post

Talk about first world problems...
            IKR?

Total white whine

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
            Then make a pot of coffee at home, and pour it right down your throat.

Problem....solution.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

She's probably one of the ones that ask for a cheeseburger without the cheese.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

Then make a pot of coffee at home, and pour it right down your throat.

Problem....solution.
                Just don't whine you don't like the solution. Hey, at least you've got one.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I worked at "Bucks" for about 8years. (back when being a barista ment more than pushing a button) Great place to work. But sometimes I would get the rude, overerly stuck up\ talks down to you customer in the mornings. When this would happen, I would start their day off with de-caff coffee without telling them.

Comment

Quoth tedmchugh View Post
                    When this would happen, I would start their day off with de-caff coffee without telling them.
                    I had been hoping to use this one day...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1925459300.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	2030406

Comment

Quoth JambaBamba View Post

SC (grabbing the cup): "and this feels rather heavy to be extra dry."
                      This must have happened in Florida. Only the retirees pull shit like this with complaining about the weight. Next thing, she'll bring her scale with her.

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
                        Depending on how literal-minded your barista is, that one might HURT.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                          She's probably one of the ones that ask for a cheeseburger without the cheese.
                          I know it sounds strange, but there are good reasons for it. Most places have cheeseburgers only on the menu and you run the risk of your server going on autopilot if you just ask for a hamburger. I'd rather sound funny ordering and get what I wanted than risk both the server and me being unhappy with the result.

Comment

Working...
                          X