X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crux of the Biscuit (Yay! Photos!)

You are compelled to look.

You will also be compelled to look repeatedly in the future. Rather than start a new thread in this section every time I go running around taking pictures, I'm going to put a notice here. I'm hoping to get one photo thread up per month this year.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

Photos wonderful as always, AW. Will check the viddy after work.

Comment

Pick your poison.

Comment

I think the sculpture in #3 is a stylized arrowhead? LOVE the building to the left in #11 - great lines.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
          I think the sculpture in #3 is a stylized arrowhead? LOVE the building to the left in #11 - great lines.
          It is, yes, but there's no plaque or anything anywhere nearby to explain what it's doing there. Was it a random act of art? Perhaps, but erecting something like that on the lawn of a government building requires a permit at the very least -- so you've got to wonder who had what in mind when they put the effort into building it.

In other words, to ask that question beloved of tortured existentialists everywhere, What does it all mean?!

The building you're referring to in #11, and in a few shots later on, used to be a bank if memory serves.

Comment

Spring Attempts to... uh... Spring

Comment

Gorgeous photos! I love Victorian houses. Some really great shots there!
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                Gorgeous photos! I love Victorian houses. Some really great shots there!
                Firstly, thank you very much! Second, I'm genuinely curious about how things appeared on your screen. On my laptop they looked washed-out and sunblasted, but looked fine if I tilted the screen a little. It was impossible to tell if anything needed any editing or anything.

Comment

Placeholder until I get a chance to go through them. (Yes, I know we have 'subscribe' but this is easier. )

Will ETA tomorrow.

Comment

A taste of that New Urbanism everyone's talking about.

Comment

Wonderful as always. I'm consistently jealous of the brickwork down there.

ETA: Just a quick aside - as I go through these, I always imagine you jerking that patient partner of yours hither and yon with a "OH! Look at THAT one. C'mon..."
                      Last edited by sms001; 05-18-2014, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Thanks so much!

He actually had his camera when we were out taking this last batch. I caught him in one of the pictures squatting down to take his own picture of something.

Comment

Quoth Antisocial_Worker View Post
                          Firstly, thank you very much! Second, I'm genuinely curious about how things appeared on your screen. On my laptop they looked washed-out and sunblasted, but looked fine if I tilted the screen a little. It was impossible to tell if anything needed any editing or anything.
                          This is why I hate editing on my laptop. A couple of those shots were slightly over exposed (on my display) but I really like your composition and angle of shooting

Comment

It's really annoying not knowing which computer to trust. Thanks for your comment about the composition and angle, though.

Comment

Have you tried any of the monitor calibration tools? They can really help
                              Ranging from a camera/scanner thing plus software that automatically does it, to printed rainbow charts that you use as a guide to adjust manually.
                              Biggest thing to mention is that any calibration is only valid for that exact situation - light level, light colour (white balance) and angle of view - so laptops can be difficult - I've learnt to trust the display on my camera as a rough exposure guide.

Comment

Working...
                              X