Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Thanks for saying hi' and 'I wasn't in line' 2-for-one!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Thanks for saying hi' and 'I wasn't in line' 2-for-one!

Ran errands after work before the weather worsens again.

Went into the autoparts store. No greeting from the employees at the counter. A hot woman walks in right behind me and the employees leapt to help her. They also jumped to help a couple who walked in a minute after here. I couldn't get anyone to answer a question until I was up at the counter; it was like they purposely avoided eye contact.

Next went into a general store. Stood for a minute or two behind a lady checking out. She gets her change and grabs her bags. I'm just about to set my things down when another lady squeezes past me, put her item on the counter, and says 'I'm with her.' Cashier takes her (performing a completely separate transaction) and she takes off with the first lady.

I was too tired to argue with anyone regarding either scenario, but geeze, I know what stores I won't be going back to.
    Last edited by LillFilly; 02-07-2014, 01:49 AM.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Quoth LillFilly View Post
    Ran errands after work before the weather worsens again.

Went into the autoparts store. No greeting from the employees at the counter. A hot woman walks in right behind me and the employees leapt to help her. I couldn't get anyone to answer a question until I was up at the counter; it was like they purposely avoided eye contact.

That happened to me a couple of months ago... was at the grocery store. Guy at the register (50's? maybe early 60's?) never said a single word to me... but as soon as he saw the pretty girl behind me in line he couldn't wait to strike up a conversation. I complained to the grocery store, not that they'll bother to do anything.

Comment

Let the managers and/or corporate know. If they are at all interested, there'll be words ... if not, you haven't lost anything except a few minutes and possibly a stamp or two (unless you've used email). But in case the manager and corporate really do care, they should be told that their staff are driving customers away.

Comment

I'm a man and think I'll get a sex change next time I go to Auto Zone. Lovely bunch of employees there.

Comment

As a chick that enjoys working on cars, I've encountered the worst behavior imaginable out of parts store employees, but also the best.

One of my favorites, however, was the time I decided to get the attention of the store employees by taking off my top (there was a bikini top underneath and I am generously endowed in that area) and asking them what I had to do to get a fucking part around here???

Maybe I was in a tiny bit of a bad mood that day.
          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
            As a chick that enjoys working on cars, I've encountered the worst behavior imaginable out of parts store employees, but also the best.

One of my favorites, however, was the time I decided to get the attention of the store employees by taking off my top (there was a bikini top underneath and I am generously endowed in that area) and asking them what I had to do to get a fucking part around here???

Maybe I was in a tiny bit of a bad mood that day.
            I think many employees that day were happy to give you their fucking part.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              Very nice!

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                They might have been, but they didn't stand a chance.
                At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Yeah, there's a reason I have this particular parts store I go to. They have a girl working the counter and helping out. She probably knows more than the general wishes-he-knew-more-about-cars that comes in. I firmly believe that because of her being there, the male staff treat the female customers the same as the male.

Second one? I think in my tired moods (which is when I become bitchy) I'd have told her and the cashier, "Welp, I'd like a member of management please. Call them while you're waiting on 'I'm with her, but not really with her, because I can't stand her enough to stick with her in the store.' Oh, that's rude? Lady, rude is cutting the line and even more rude is accepting your stuff to ring up." I do not handle tired well. Tired is when the aches start and misery loves company.
                  If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
                  X