X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delivery Drones!

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/busine...-1226927663675

So after hearing that Amazon were going to try delivering things via drone, this pizza company opted to do the same
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

A logical solution for delivering to non-tipping customers.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      A logical solution for delivering to non-tipping customers.
      HERE HERE says a delivery driver
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

It's an interesting idea, but I think for the whole delivery drone thing to work they're going to have to be at least semi-intelligent, with collision avoidance capabilities. Sure, there's a lot of airspace, but each new vehicle increases the chances of something.

There's also the issue of altitude. They seem to be flying very low in that video. If you keep it that low, there's going to be some street urchins knocking them down. If I were a starving waif, you damn well bet I'd be waiting nearby with some stones and string. Tie string to the stones, so you have a few tails on each projectile. Throw projectile at drone, strings tangle the rotors and bring it down.

Comment

It's good for people who don't want to risk interacting with others for any reason or for no reason at all.

Also, in places where men and women live separately, drones like these will make sure that you don't get into hot water just for talking to the pizza delivery boy!
          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
          X