• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a miracle!

Yes folks I have witnessed a miracle!

SC: "Can I have [cigarettes, I forget what brand/strength/size]?"
    Me: "OK that's $XX.XX."
    SC: "But they're cheaper at Other Store!" (I know that, Other Store is a supermarket, where they sell everything cheaper than at convenience stores)
    Me: "So go there then." (I'm not normally that sarcastic, but I was pissed off because I'd had a drive off a few minutes before)
    SC: "OK I will." (leaves without cigarettes)

The miracle is: A customer whinging that it's cheaper elsewhere then actually going to said cheaper store to buy whatever it is!

Quick! Someone check the thermostat in hell! I think it's set too low.

Comment

Did I just see a ???
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I'm frequently known for saying something along that line when they start the whining. Like with the guy whining that "the other store" doesn't charge tax on the Trader.

Customer: "So, the Trader is 75 cents?"

Me: "Yeah, it'll be 82 cents with tax."

Customer: "They don't charge tax at the other stores! Why do you guys charge tax? That's ridiculous."

Me: "Actually, the only publications that aren't charged sales tax are the daily newspapers. All other publications are charged sales tax. It's that way at every store I've ever shopped."

Customer: "No, it's not! I buy them all the time....." (That's where I tuned out because I don't care.)

Me: "Well, then you know where to go next time. (Might I also suggest you go to Hell while you're going other places.) It's 82 cents here right now. Take it or leave it."

He took it anyway, pitched his dollar on the counter, and grumbled when I handed him his change and made sure half of it missed his hand. I'm pretty good at "accidentally" missing their hands and sending the change scrambling at them when they're being jerks.
        The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Wow, I should check to see if I can get those free snowboarding lessons the devil is handing out.
          Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
          Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Did the impossible just happen before my eyes!

Comment

Yes an idiot SC probably just drove 15 miles to save 10 cents on a pack of ciggs. Remember you have to put this into a context that makes no sense.

Comment

Working...
              X