This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun up-front.

So lately I've been working up front as well as out back at the pizza place. It's less stressfull mostly then working in the kitchen, and it's nice not to be doing the same thing all the time. But some customers...

This lady came in today. When I came in, it was somewhat sunny out, but clouds quickly took over and it began to rain quite heavily. Lady enters the entryway... and falls. She's probably not that much older then, and it was a pretty gentle fall, so I wasn't worried. Three of us witnessed the fall, me, the other front girl, and a driver. We all try not to laugh, and end up just looking at each other with amused looks on our faces. She picked herself up, and came in from the entryway into the restaurant. I can't remember if I had asked if she was all right or if I was about to, when she announces, "I fell. Your floor is wet." Please note that she fell right on top of the mats that prevent said floor from becoming wet. Whatever, maybe she just fell on the strip of floor between the mats and the door. The other front girl goes to check on the floor while I helped the lady. My manager comes out to mess with money and do managery stuff right as S (other front girl) comes in and asks where out "Caution-Slippery When Wet!" sign is. He asks if it's wet out there, and Lady pipes up to yet agian announce "Yes, your floor is wet. I fell on it." Imagine that said as snottily as you can imagine, as if by letting her fall we had effectivly RUINED her life. She gets her food and leaves shortly. S informs us that the floor in the entryway was bone dry. Yeah, lady slipped of her own accord. I personally think that when she fell, she was embarrassed and tried to pass it off on the floor, maybe with a possible bonus of getting free food as compansation. Right after she left, Manager comments, "You know, I don't really feel sorry for her at all." We all agreed that we hate people that cannot own up to their clumsiness every once in while.

Around 11:45, I get a call from a lady trying to figure out if her order, which was supposed to be there at 11:30, was on it's way. I put her on hold, find out that it had gone out, and take her off hold to tell her. SC: "So, do I get the food free, since it's over an hour late?". 1st, what kind of wierd-ass math are you doing? 2nd, you do not get free food for a fifteen minute late delivery, sorry. 3rd, even if I wanted to, I do not have the authority to comp her food. I stammered out something about having to talk to the driver or a manager. She hung up on me. Thinking back, I feel bad about telling her to talk to the driver about it, they can't do any more then I can about it.

This one happened a few days ago, when I was working in the kitchen and S was up front. A group of kids, aged around 12, came in and ordered a bunch of cheap food (fench fries, pizza slices, chicken tenders). They eat and leave. S goes over to clean the table. She notices red in the top of the parmesan cheese shaker. Turns out, they had put ketchup in the parm shacker and the red pepper shaker at their table, thrown their comment card away (presumably so we'd have to go through the trouble of putting another one in the holder), and unscrewed all the lids of the salt, pepper, parm, and pepper shackers on EVERY TABLE on that side of the restaurant. We were not impressed. We did, however, find it amusing that they all would probably end up working at a McD's, forever having to deal with kids just like them.

These three stories only strengthen my opinion that People Suck.

Yes, they do. Working at the convenience store reinforces my belief in human stupidity every workday.
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

*RW waltzes into the restaurant, trips over his fuzzy hooves, and falls SPLAT on the ground.*

.....I meant to do that! ...ow....

Yup, I'm graceful.
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Okay, the first lady ended up sucky, but instead of giggling when she fell, you should have made sure she was okay. Giggle AFTER she leaves.
        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth Meganjo23 View Post
          So lately I've been working up front as well as out back at the pizza place. It's less stressfull mostly then working in the kitchen, and it's nice not to be doing the same thing all the time. But some customers...

This lady came in today. When I came in, it was somewhat sunny out, but clouds quickly took over and it began to rain quite heavily. Lady enters the entryway... and falls. She's probably not that much older then, and it was a pretty gentle fall, so I wasn't worried. Three of us witnessed the fall, me, the other front girl, and a driver. We all try not to laugh, and end up just looking at each other with amused looks on our faces. She picked herself up, and came in from the entryway into the restaurant. I can't remember if I had asked if she was all right or if I was about to, when she announces, "I fell. Your floor is wet." Please note that she fell right on top of the mats that prevent said floor from becoming wet. Whatever, maybe she just fell on the strip of floor between the mats and the door. The other front girl goes to check on the floor while I helped the lady. My manager comes out to mess with money and do managery stuff right as S (other front girl) comes in and asks where out "Caution-Slippery When Wet!" sign is. He asks if it's wet out there, and Lady pipes up to yet agian announce "Yes, your floor is wet. I fell on it." Imagine that said as snottily as you can imagine, as if by letting her fall we had effectivly RUINED her life. She gets her food and leaves shortly. S informs us that the floor in the entryway was bone dry. Yeah, lady slipped of her own accord. I personally think that when she fell, she was embarrassed and tried to pass it off on the floor, maybe with a possible bonus of getting free food as compansation. Right after she left, Manager comments, "You know, I don't really feel sorry for her at all." We all agreed that we hate people that cannot own up to their clumsiness every once in while.
          She was trying to set up a slip and fall soft tissue dammage lawsuit.
          Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
            *RW waltzes into the restaurant, trips over his fuzzy hooves, and falls SPLAT on the ground.*

.....I meant to do that! ...ow....

Yup, I'm graceful.
            Even better : "That's exactly what I meant to do ! Yay me !"
            "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

I'm going to guess the first one had gotten her shoes wet and that made her slip, but to act like it's your fault and make such a scene was stupid

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                Okay, the first lady ended up sucky, but instead of giggling when she fell, you should have made sure she was okay. Giggle AFTER she leaves.
                Oh, as soon as she came in the second set of doors (she was isolated in the glass entryway) my mouth was open to ask if she was alright. It's just really hard for me to NOT giggle when someone falls. Someone appearently young and in good health, that is.

I can't really remember now, but I'm pretty sure that she was wearing dressy shoes, the kind that have no sole. (The only reason I remember is that she was dressed kind of nice.) Common sense says that shoes with no soles plus rain plus tile floor means that you should use caution when walking around. But hey, common sense isn't so common as you'd think, right?

Comment

Quoth Meganjo23 View Post
                  But hey, common sense isn't so common as you'd think, right?
                  Last I checked on the Random Encounter Table, at best, it was very rare.
                  "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

this story reminds me of the story of the girl who broke her ankel, wearing sneakers, standing perfectly still on a clean and dry driveway

Comment

Working...
                    X