This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last minute Psycho

You know how it is, it's the end of the day. Your body is still at work, but your mind is allready on the way home.

All that remains is for the last customer to leave, well when she is done screaming at everyone.

I came into this one late, but did not get away unscared.

The "lady" called first asking if we sold a Misting System, yes we do. Of course she shows up about 20 seconds before we close, but Larry takes her back and shows her the misters. This particular product comes from one of our independent vendors, so it did not come in with the regular order and it did not get a bin tag on the shelf. Larry told her that they would tell her the price at the counter, but the "lady" assumed that the item was $17.95 because that was what the bin tag next to it said, you know the one under a roll of PVC tubing.

When she got to the counter, the mist system rang up at $23.99 and she went Psycho on us. She yelled, she cursed, and she left.

But as Larry was closing the backdoor, she came back to yell to him some more. and as I was about to leave, she called and since I have the most seniority at closing, they gave her to me.

She ranted for about 5 minutes without a breath, but finally paused long enougth for me to tell her that there was no actual management here at closing (they all go home early). She said she was going to call back the next day, but I never heard if she did, it was Saturday so she better have called before 1pm, because guess who leaves then?

Oh and who didn't do their job and put a bin tag under that product? That would be the floor manager
    "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Wow. A tamper tantrum over the whole of 6 bucks ? And not because the item was improperly tagged, but because she read the wrong one... People, I swear...
    "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
      Wow. A tamper tantrum over the whole of 6 bucks ?

An SC will throw a fit over a penny.
      "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Ummm I miss read what was written.

I read "Tampon Tantrum" then I saw who posted (Samaliel and re-read cause that doesn't sound like something he would post) It actually says "Temper Tantrum"

Hey I thought it was funny (and yes, I am female)

Comment

Quoth walking with scissors View Post
          An SC will throw a fit over a penny.
          So true. I've seen it happen.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            So true. I've seen it happen.
            My faith in humanity is slowly but steadily going down in the negatives.
            "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
              My faith in humanity is slowly but steadily going down in the negatives.
              You still have faith in humanity?

Doing much better than I am then, I think I've been descending to Joker-style madness and psychotic rage for several years now...
              "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
              "What IS fun to fight through?"
              "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Sadly, yes. I love people. I'm a kind and caring, if somewhat distant, person. And I hate it all the more when they abuse or fool me. But somehow I still believe that being kind to the next person will achieve more than being a jerk and might just channge the world. But I probably read too much comic books.

Comment

Don't get me wrong. I'm well aware that the decent people outnumber the jerks, assholes, and other archetypes that lend themselves well to being SCs. At least, the decent people SEEM to outnumber them. One thing about the SC archetypes is that they are CHAMELEON-LIKE at disguising themselves.

What can always brighten up my day after dealing with SCs, however, is getting a little kid to smile. Usually by putting the receipt on top of their head. Or making funny faces at them.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                  X