This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Has Turned Into 7th Level Of Hell - SC's Making It Worse - LOOONG

We have been going through that wonderful experience called "Software Conversion". I knew it wouldn't be pleasant, but I didn't think it would be this horrifying.

I wondered when every time we asked the software people if something was possible, and they said "absolutely" how true that actually was. Turns out, not so much.

I understand they have to sell their product, but sheesh. We knew we'd have to re-learn how to do things, but for something that was supposed to increase our productivity, it's slowed it down threefold. Everyone is grumbling, and morale is at an all time low. We're working incredibly long days and weeks to do things we used to be able to complete in 40 hours or less.

Anyway, thank heaven it's summer because our phone traffic slows down dramatically. It's been nice to not have to deal with random SC's. Until today. I'm pooped, wore out, and fed up. And I got 2 SC's that had me wanting to run naked in the traffic that zooms past my office.

SC Incident #1 - I Just Don't Care

Me=Me
    SC=SC (nice and simple)

**Quick background: SC belongs to an organization that is buying product from us. They are someone we require to pay in advance (they're not an organization that we have recourse against should they stiff us - think along the lines of a church youth group if it helps, although this SC didn't have anything to do with a church). I e-mailed an order confirmation (which must be signed and returned before production) to the lone e-mail address that came in with the check about 1 1/2 weeks ago. The person who I e-mailed told me that she couldn't answer the two questions I needed to put the order to production, and to contact SC. I hadn't gotten the chance this morning before she called me.

Me - Can I help you?
    SC - This is Sucky McCustomer from Suckville Club. You e-mailed one of my officers with questions. She can't answer them. You need to deal with me, not her.
    Me - Ok. I apologize. She was very helpful when I dealt with her (she was nice). As I told her, I contacted her because she was the only e-mail on the list. I wasn't aware of her role in your organization.
    SC - What do you need? We were all under the impression that this had been done with MONTHS ago (not possible - I checked the dates with all involved). We dealt with (insert co-worker) and she was to have taken care of all of this.
    Me - Well, she handled your quote, but I handle orders. We just received your check about a week and a half ago, and we don't........
    SC - This was to have been taken care of MONTHS ago! I thought we were all done!
    Me - As I said, we just received your check and I sent the first confirmation out last week, and then again later in the week when I didn't get a reply. We have a delivery......
    SC - WHY WASN'T THIS DONE MONTHS AGO??? (Um, because you screwed around with it)
    Me - Ma'am. I'm trying to help you resolve this. I'm sorry you were under the impression that this was finished, but we can't begin any kind of work until you have sent the required payment, which we just recently received.
    SC - What do I have to do to get this done?!?!?!?!
    Me - Just a moment - let me check my notes. (I knew what needed to be done, but I had to put her on hold for a minute to compose myself). Ok, it's just 2 things I need from you.
    SC - What things!?! I THOUGHT THIS WAS DONE! (How many times do I have to repeat the above reply to that question?)
    Me - It's simple. I need to know about the size of the one component (since there are regulations that should be followed), and the style of another component.
    SC - And?
    Me - And what?
    SC - None of that means anything to me.
    Me - Well, we had concern regarding the size because......
    SC - IF YOU KNEW YOUR STUFF, YOU'D KNOW THAT IT'S NOT A CONCERN FOR OUR APPLICATION.
    Me - Ma'am, I do know that, but in some situations, the item can be used for other applications where it is a concern, and often other organizations will borrow......
    SC - I COULD CARE LESS IF (X) WANTS TO BORROW IT!!!
    Me - Ok then. I'll just do it the way we discussed, ok?
    SC - I don't care. I'm not even involved in this organization anymore!
    Me - Oh, well is there someone else I could.....
    SC - NO!
    Me - Ok. Well, if we could quickly discuss the style......
    SC - That means nothing to me.
    Me - Well, what were you looking for in terms of....
    SC - Nothing fancy!
    Me - Well, we have standard......
    SC - THAT MEANS NOTHING TO ME!! I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU DO - JUST DO IT!!
    Me - Ok then, I'll pick something nice for you....
    SC - You do that.
    Me - Well, since that answers all my questions......
    SC - And I'm NOT signing that form. It means nothing to me.
    Me - That's fine. I'll note our conversation.
    SC - Will this be there by (x) date?
    Me - Yes, that's why I needed this completed because.....
    SC - THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE MONTHS AGO!
    Me - As I explained, we just recently received your check....
    SC - The officer was on vacation!
    Me - Thank you ma'am. Have a nice day.

Turns out she sent something back for a refurb and we couldn't do it. The condition was too bad. Apparently that's what she meant by months ago, but it wasn't that long ago. But whatever. My total moron co-worker with an attitude problem has to call her to ask for her balance due. Moron co-worker will get snippy with her. Could be fun........

SC Incident #2 - I Need To Be Psychic

Me - Can I help you?
    SC - My neighbor has some of your stuff and I want some too.
    Me - Ok, what are you interested in?
    SC - What my neighbor has.
    Me - Can you be more specific?
    SC - Well, one thing is (insert one of our items that has many configurations).
    Me - We have many of those.
    SC - It does (x). And it's blue.
    Me - Well, anything we sell can be done in blue, and can be ordered to (x). I'm sorry, but that doesn't help me.
    SC - Ok. What do I need to do to get one just like that?
    Me - Measure it.
    SC - Well if I have to guess, it would be x-ish by x-ish. And it does (x). And it's blue.
    Me - Well, as I said, that could be one of a few things. I need you to be sure about the size, and all dimensions.
    SC - It does (x) and it's blue.
    Me - As I said, anything can be done that way.
    SC - I'm just trying to help.
    Me - I appreciate that, but I need to be sure you get what you want.
    SC - Well, she also has X.
    Me - Ok, that was easy. That is (insert amount).
    SC - And a thing that comes in 8 pieces. And it's blue.
    Me - We don't have anything that's 8 pieces.
    SC - Maybe I'm wrong.
    Me - (trying to get her off the phone) Well, why don't you go to your neighbor's house and call us back?
    SC - I'm there. Looking at the stuff.
    Me - (ready to rip her head off) Well, then count the number of pieces on that item.
    SC - It's 5, not 8.
    Me - Then it could be A or B. Depending on the one dimension.
    SC - It's (x).
    Me - Are you sure? Again, I need to get the proper measurements....
    SC - Let me get out my tape measure.
    Me - (really wanting to rip her head off for wasting my time) Ok then. Please give me the measurements.
    SC - (Gives me measurements). So how much does this cost?
    Me - (Gives her amount). Do you want to place the order.
    SC - When will your website be up again? (It's currently down - webhost quit on us and we're scrambling to get a site back up)
    Me - Next week.
    SC - Ok - I don't want to order until I can actually see pictures of the stuff online.
    Me - (head exploding) - Ok then, have a nice day.

SHE'S STANDING NEXT TO THE PRODUCTS. WHY WOULD SHE NEED TO WAIT UNTIL SHE COULD LOOK AT THEM ONLINE???????

My brain hurts....
    Oh yeah? Well I have a few words for you! Like YOU, and ARE, and A MORON!!!!

Ow. Brain hurts.

Ok, SC#1... If he's not involved with the organization any more, why do you have to deal with him ? And for someone who doesn't care, he sure is pretty vocal. But I'm not sure the annoyed/bored tone would have been better to you...

But SC#2... I think I feel my front lobe dissolving. AGAIN !
    "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Hmm, are you sure we don't work for the same place?? I usually tell people we offer thousands of configurations (which is true) so they hopefully get the point that telling me one dimension isn't enough to identify their item. And also to explain why we don't have something in stock. You want stock? That's why you're our distributor. Our lead times are not that long and frankly, the days of keeping tens of thousands of dollars in inventory have come and gone. We don't stock because, just like you, we're tightening our cash flow and trying to be more profitable. Stock sitting on the shelf isn't making us money unless we can ship it out the door.

That, and our website is also down. I was almost certain we worked at the same place
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
        Ow. Brain hurts.

Ok, SC#1... If he's not involved with the organization any more, why do you have to deal with him ? And for someone who doesn't care, he sure is pretty vocal. But I'm not sure the annoyed/bored tone would have been better to you...

But SC#2... I think I feel my front lobe dissolving. AGAIN !
        I'm not sure why the lady (SC 1) was dealing with it, but my co-worker said that not only is she still involved in Girl Scouts years after her daughter achieved the highest rank, her daughter now helps her do it. When I asked why she never stopped, she said that there was no one else who wanted to do it, and she didn't want to see the troop disband. However, she said she'd never treat anyone like this woman did. It was so out of line that it still rattles my brain.

As for SC 2, well, I just don't like to think about it because it will make my brain hurt again.......

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          Hmm, are you sure we don't work for the same place?? I usually tell people we offer thousands of configurations (which is true) so they hopefully get the point that telling me one dimension isn't enough to identify their item. And also to explain why we don't have something in stock. You want stock? That's why you're our distributor. Our lead times are not that long and frankly, the days of keeping tens of thousands of dollars in inventory have come and gone. We don't stock because, just like you, we're tightening our cash flow and trying to be more profitable. Stock sitting on the shelf isn't making us money unless we can ship it out the door.

That, and our website is also down. I was almost certain we worked at the same place
          No, but it sure sounds like it.

It's comforting to know that at least we're not alone in this.......

Comment

Working...
          X