This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    Fixed that for you, since the waiter is not likely to be the one cleaning off the table.

You may not have worked in a reseraunt before. I have. Four of them, actually, and about 80% of the time I, as a waitress, was responsible for bussing my own table. It may depend on what sort of resteraunt it was. A cafe, a Denny's, an Applebees, servers are on their own most of the time. More upscale resteraunts tend to have buspeople on staff for bussing only.

Comment

Quoth elysia View Post
      You may not have worked in a reseraunt before. I have. Four of them, actually, and about 80% of the time I, as a waitress, was responsible for bussing my own table. It may depend on what sort of resteraunt it was. A cafe, a Denny's, an Applebees, servers are on their own most of the time. More upscale resteraunts tend to have buspeople on staff for bussing only.
      And even with upscale restaurants, wait staff are expected to help with the bussing. But at every waiting job I've had, I was expected to bus, even if there were bussers there.

Comment

Quoth elysia View Post
        Its cool you realize you were in the wrong, but I think if you're going to ask forgiveness from anyone it should be the waiter. As sucky as he may have been, most people can appriciate it when you level with them..
        You quoted my post, I had already seen the quote by the OP. Asking forgiveness IMO, is not the same as expecting everyone to say he was justified. I don't think that's what he was doing but I may be putting words into the OPs mouth.

As for an apology, I don't think the waiter deserves one...the manager most definitely do IMO. JMO of course.

Comment

Quoth elysia View Post
          Oh, okay, sorry. I guess I never really noticed that the waiter and the busperson were one in the same.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            Oh, okay, sorry. I guess I never really noticed that the waiter and the busperson were one in the same.
            Eh, I didnt mean to sound bitchy. I'm just jaded from too many years of customer service. I tend to be bias and grow horns if someone makes even an innocent assumption about resteraunt workers, lawl.

Comment

Okay, this seems to be resolved now, so before there's anymore sniping, I'll just close it here.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
              X