This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Not Disturb means... Do Not Disturb

A guest called down in the evening complained about the room wasn't clean in the afternoon.

After checking the system, he received the message a few minutes ago left by housekeeping stating that their "Do Not Disturb" sign was on, therefore housekeeping would not be able to enter the room for cleaning, but they can call housekeeping anytime to schedule to clean the room.

He got the message from the operator, and he knew the DND sign was led, and he still complaint. Apparently he didn't understand the meaning of Do Not Disturb.

SC-Moron Guest
    ME-Myself

SC-Why the room wasn't clean?
    ME-This is because you put on the DND sign up, and the housekeepers are trained not to DISTURB guests if DND signs are up.
    SC-What? I don't king get my room clean with DND sign was up?
    ME-Sir, with all due respect... Do Not Disturb sign means..... Do Not Disturb.
    SC-I am so upset now, NO ONE king tell me I don't receive housekeeping service if DND sign was on.
    ME-Sir, I can call housekeeping for you and have someone to clean your room for you.
    SC-This is unacceptable, I didn't get housekeeping service.
    ME-You didn't get housekeeping service, because YOU put the DND sign up.
    SC-You guys should put some kinda notice on the door or in the room to tell guests Do Not Disturb means.
    ME-Sir, with all due respect.... Do Not Disturb means... Do Not Disturb. That's common sense.
    SC-I don't believe this, I am paying a lot of money for the room and I didn't get housekeeping to clean the room.
    ME-Sir, because your DND sign was on at the time, I can have housekeeping to clean your room if you let me contact housekeeping.

He just hung up after that.

I wasn't sure whether I wanted to laugh or cry after that. People can be this dumb. I mean it is pretty straight forward, DO NOT DISTURB meants DO NOT DISTURB that's common sense, and guys like that don't even have that kind of level of basic knowledge are running around in the world is just astonishing.
    And the worst thing was, he and his girlfriend came down to the front desk soon after, and complaint about the same thing, and we told them the same thing and offered what I had offered, and BOTH of them and I mean BOTH demanded the hotel should notify the guests about what DND means......

dont the reverse of those say something like House Keepers welcolm?

Comment

Our hotel stopped using those hanging tags years ago. we have one of those panel outside of the door it tells us if someone in the room, a door bell, do not disturb and please clean roon indicators on it. you can press the buttons in the room colored and NAMED "Do Not Disturb" and "Please Clean Room" on the panel inside the room. Red is DND, Green is Please Clean Room. the buttons and words are big enough not to miss them.

Like I said... fools like those with that kind of level of knowledge running around the world or around the country is just astonishing.

Comment

Hey Every one. I'm back . Me and my ex one time stayed at a hotel in Rehobeth Beach where the DND sign was kind of funky but we didnt think any thing about it. Well we came back in the afternoon room was still dirty but we didn't care so we put what we thought was the correct DND sign on the door and started to .... Thankfully we had deadlocked the door because with how the room was she would of gotten an eyeful. . We made sure we knew the correct sign after that. Lol

Comment

Did you try showing them the dictionary defintion of Do Not Disturb? Maybe you should rename the signs to Don't Bother Me. People should understand that....
          I hope...

<.<

>.>

Yeah, I know. They wouldn't... *hangs head in shame*
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
          X