X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is going to annoy me

Please help.

Here is a comic with three lateral thinking puzzles and no answers.

Does anyone know them?

Edit: found more: Have fun found another
    Last edited by Parrothead; 12-19-2009, 03:26 AM.
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

I found the first two puzzling, but the last one is pretty obvious... Where *in* the world? :-)

Comment

The first one, I want to say that the girl was still attached to the ear. (It doesn't say "severed" ear.)

Surprisingly, I don't know the 3rd. If you're at the centre of the earth, you can still go East or West.

ETA: The second one, maybe walked, looking out to the ocean? (Otherwise, you couldn't see the horizon).
      Last edited by Broomjockey; 12-19-2009, 03:09 AM.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
        The first one, I want to say that the girl was still attached to the ear. (It doesn't say "severed" ear.)

Surprisingly, I don't know the 3rd. If you're at the centre of the earth, you can still go East or West.

ETA: The second one, maybe walked, looking out to the ocean? (Otherwise, you couldn't see the horizon).
        3rd one: Stand on the North pole. Which way is West?
        2nd one: Maybe it was the year 1200 or so?
        1st one: I think you are right.....
        There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

As #1 & #3 have been answered, I'll take #2.

Two choices:
          1. First person to return to Manhattan after it has been flattened by a disaster. That is the only way to see the horizon in all directions.

2. He was one of the original settlers.

Edit: #3 is center of the earth. North and South are absolute. East and West are relative. You can only go "up", but there are two points where you go North or South.
          Last edited by csquared; 12-19-2009, 04:16 AM.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

answers to these riddles and more on the website: http://www.galactanet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56
            Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
            Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

I kept thinking "doctor" was the important word and it finally hit me.

He walked across the island without seeing another person (patient).

Edit: Just saw the answers. I still like mine.

Comment

Thank you, grimcent!
                What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Quoth It's me View Post
                  3rd one: Stand on the North pole. Which way is West? .
                  You obviously didn't read it. It said "from where can you go North AND South. Stand on the North Pole. Now go North.

No wonder I didn't get #2. I'm not familiar with the names of many American Native tribes. That's not lateral thinking, that's requiring specific knowledge.
                  Last edited by Broomjockey; 12-19-2009, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                    No wonder I didn't get #2. I'm not familiar with the names of many American Native tribes. That's not lateral thinking, that's requiring specific knowledge.
                    Don't kick yourself too hard. I debated posting my answer of an original settler. Manhattan Island was heavily wooded. You could not see across the island never the less "to the horizon in all directions." Unless you climbed a tree.

The reason I went with a settler over American Indian is that the American Indians did not have "doctors." They were Medicine Men. Technically, a Witch Doctor is an African Shaman. Wrong tribes.
                    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                    Save the Ales!
                    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Trying the second collection...

#1) Well, duh, sleeping anywhere cures insomnia.

#2) He drove a golf ball into the oncoming car. He wasn't in his own car at the time.

#3) Uh, she's German?

Third collection:

#1) He left his wallet in the car.

#2) ... I got nothin'.

#3) Baseball? Tagged out trying to go home? I'm guessing...
                      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                        #2) ... I got nothin'.
                        Vinnie is an Exterminator and the "family" was a pest infestation.
                        I AM the evil bastard!
                        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                          American Indians did not have "doctors." They were Medicine Men. Technically, a Witch Doctor is an African Shaman. Wrong tribes.
                          Hey, good point! I knew there was something else nagging me about that one. Grr. I can still kick myself over the "inside the Earth" one though. If I really wanted to pick that one apart though, one could point out North and South are relative as well, with there being "True North" and "Magnetic North," and "Magnetic North" moves. Not a lot, in fact, not really enough to make a difference. But still.

Comment

Working...
                          X