Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boy murders little brother to be like Dexter.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy murders little brother to be like Dexter.

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/nationa...r1260039854332

Granted, I don't think he really means it. Also, I've read in a couple of other articles on the same subject that the murder was alot more brutal then simple strangling. He even went to his girlfriend's house to give her a ring afterwards.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Quoth the article
    Boesky said teens who kill nearly always have deep, underlying problems and that it was unlikely the television show influenced Conley's actions.
    Gee, ya think?

That's really sad.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Pretty tragic.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

If it is connected, it would be the second case... There's a guy being held in jail in Edmonton, awaiting trial for murder. The alleged killer was an aspiring filmmaker who was working on a script about a serial killer.

There's information about it on the Wiki page for "Dexter", under "Missing persons case".
        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Am I the only one who relates the name "Dexter" to "Secret Laboratory?"

I'd hate to see a cry out against the show just because of one idiot's tragic actions.
          "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

I think its very important to examine exactly what was said.

If the article has his quote worded properly:

They also said Conley told investigators that killing his brother made him feel like the fictional television serial killer "Dexter,"
            "Made him feel like" is the operative phrase here. In other words he is relating how he feels after, not what influenced him to kill. If you've seen Dexter this boy does to a degree sound alot like Dexter. No emotion, fakes it to appear normal, kills because it makes him feel good.

If he had been influenced by Dexter I would ask myself what his little brother did to deserve it since Dexter never kills anyone who isn't a criminal in some way.

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
              Am I the only one who relates the name "Dexter" to "Secret Laboratory?"
              I have to keep reminding myself that when people talk about "dexter" they don't mean the cartoon.

Townspeople described Andrew on Friday as "nice," ''normal," and "polite." A relative of the family, Debbie Snyder, said the Conleys were a "strong" and "balanced" family.
              always odd how people claim how "normal" the person is.
              especially after the person is arrested for something that is definitely NOT normal or mentally healthy

Comment

Working...
              X