This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth cpux View Post
    Hehe. I got a cat that helps me with computer issues.

(pic)
    Hmmm... yeah, I'm amazed that cat could get you online... all you own is a case. Or your cloaking device is working amazingly.
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

My baby just crawls on top of the laptop (or keyboard when I had a laptop) and tries to type. Or really, he just sits there and stares at me but because he's big and heavy, he presses the keys.

He doesn't like the computer. Because computer = mommy playing WoW or writing which = mommy NOT petting the gandalf

Which does NOT make "the gandalf" happy (my cat's a little ornery. but i love him to pieces )
      "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

Quoth reformedwaitress View Post
        My baby just crawls on top of the laptop (or keyboard when I had a laptop) and tries to type. Or really, he just sits there and stares at me but because he's big and heavy, he presses the keys.
        The same kitty who helped me during my modem crisis in the OP also loved to rest his head on my hands while I was typing. It was so funny because his head would be bouncing up and down as I typed.

Side Note: He's no longer with me. He was 19+ years old and suffering from CRF (chronic renal failure). I had to say goodbye to him on 08-07-06.

I miss him.
        Retail Haiku:
        Depression sets in.
        The hellhole is calling me ~
        I don't want to go.

Comment

Quoth reformedwaitress View Post
          The youngest of mine would curl up on top of my monitor and snooze while I was working on my PC. She loved the warmth it gave off. When I switched to a flat panel, that wasn't as easy. Not to say she didn't try...
          A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

I, unfortunately, had a less than stellar first experience with Compaq tech support. I, like you, had a 486 with 4 megs of memory. Well, one day the computer would not boot up to the OS. It gave me that an error message that basically asked to load a startup disk. I had no idea what the heck the problem was because it was my first computer and I had been using it for less than a month. For three hours they had me doing pointless things like unplugging the VGA cord, PS/2 cords from the mouse and keyboard, etc. I ended up coming away with an answer of "I don't know what the problem is, sir." This forced me to take matters into my own hands and I ended up reading the entire MS-DOS 6.0 manual from front to back. This lead me to the solution of my problem which was the simple command of:

sys a: c:

which copied the system files from my boot disk to my hard drive. Apparently, I had some how deleted some of my system files. Anyway, after that experience I never dialed tech support for anything.

Comment

Quoth volatile View Post
              Anyway, after that experience I never dialed tech support for anything.
              I no longer rely on tech support either. Of course since I built my current computer, tech support is me

I had a similar experience with a new Gateway at work a few years back. For some reason, the boss liked to use the "sports" screensaver that came with Windows 98. However, it had one annoying bug--occasionally, the machine would crash while it was running. I spent a good two hours on the phone, checking settings and after multiple reboots, still had the problem. After all that, the tech said not to use that particular screensaver! Sure, that might have been a fix in the short run, but how did I know there wasn't something else wrong with the machine?

I still have that machine...it's currently sitting in my basement...dead and missing various parts. Eventually, the hard drives are going into my server, and the rest of it is getting scrapped.
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
              X