This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My phone must be magic.

Before I came over to the furniture/bedding dept., I worked in the internet dept., which handled orders/problems from [insert major dept store].com and it's various brands. One of the brands caters to rather upperclass, snooty people, and people who want to pretend they're upperclass and snooty.

Anyway, this was one of the best calls I ever received while I was over there, and while it was a short call, it was the perfect example of how some people think they are the cat's meow because they dropped a load of money on some useless crap.

CSR...Me
    SW...Snobby Woman

CSR: Thank you for calling expensiveuselesscrap.com, this is Kim, how may I help you?
    SW: [Sounds older, and like she has money falling out of her ass.] Yes. Please connect me to Mr. Henderson. He's in management.
    CSR: Okay, do you have an extension?
    SW: [brief pause, then somewhat peeved] No, he's in Connecticut. (At this point, I should note that we have 4 call centers nationwide, and none of them are in Connecticut.)
    CSR: I'm sorry ma'am, without an extension, there's no way I will be able to connect you.
    SW: Are you listening to me? I said he's in Connecticut.
    CSR: I do understand ma'am, however, I am in Missouri and without an extension there's nothing I can do.
    SW: Obviously you cannot understand what I am saying to you. I want to speak to your supervisor.
    CSR: [More than happy to get this snot off the phone] I can definitely do that for you. There will, however, be a 1 hour hold. Thank you. *puts customer on hold without waiting for a reply. customer disconnects after only 5 minutes*

I love it when people think that I have a direct magic line to any and all associates who work for this company. In my call center alone there are over 2,500 employees. Do you honestly think that I know the extension of every single one of them? Please.
    --Kim--

“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.” Philip K. Dick

She probably doesn't know what 'extension' means and thinks that she can direct dial anybody in the company.
    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

We get these types ALL the time. It's especially fantastic if they only know they spoke to Chris. There are at least 4 Chris's in our dept alone, let alone the other call center across the way, and not including credit analysts, etc. Don't just say "I need to speak to so-and-so," let me know if you were talking to them before, if there's a case number, or if there is a specific group that so-and-so is in.
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
        We get these types ALL the time. It's especially fantastic if they only know they spoke to Chris. There are at least 4 Chris's in our dept alone, let alone the other call center across the way, and not including credit analysts, etc. Don't just say "I need to speak to so-and-so," let me know if you were talking to them before, if there's a case number, or if there is a specific group that so-and-so is in.

See, I can do that now that I am in the furniture/bedding department. On every salescheck you open, you have to note it, complete with your full name and extension. That makes it easy sometimes to track down exactly who the customer spoke to.

Over in internet, the system was a little different. You had to note it, but the associate didn't always put their extension on there. It automatically supplied their employee ID number, but that isn't information I can work with. So most of them time I either had to try to help the customer myself, or they would just forget the whole thing and hang up.
        --Kim--

“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.” Philip K. Dick

Comment

One of my favorite callers:

Me: Thank you for calling...
          Customer: Connect me directly to your CEO.
          Me: I'm sorry?
          Customer. Connect me directly to the CEO. NOW!

Believe this or not, the CEO of one of the largest communication companies in the entire world foolishly neglected to give me his direct number in case a customer should call in asking for him. Oops.

Me: I can give you the general number at corporate headquarters. They'll be able to help you from there.
          Customer: Well, if that's all you're able to do.
          Me: By the way... if get the CEO's number, could you pass it along to me? I have a few things I want to talk to him about...
          I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Was there a reason for the customer having to hold for an hour besides how they'd treated you so far?
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
              Was there a reason for the customer having to hold for an hour besides how they'd treated you so far?
              This was shortly before Christmas, and we were absolutely slammed. The average wait time for a supervisor on duty on that day was about an hour, because only 2 were available, and there were other people already waiting (people like to complain about anything and everything). But no, I didn't mind informing the customer that she would have to wait, because she was a snot.
              --Kim--

Comment

Quoth TNT View Post
                Believe this or not, the CEO of one of the largest communication companies in the entire world foolishly neglected to give me his direct number in case a customer should call in asking for him.
                Somewhat along those lines...what do you do if the *CEO* calls in, and insists you can transfer him to someone?

I once worked for a company that had two different phone systems in their office. The office was once a large room, but had been split up into 3 different sections. Two of those sections contained two different companies; the third was a nice lobby with couches, potted plants, TVs, etc. Two companies, two phone systems. About a year later, one of the companies went out of business. At the time, we were using their phone system, in addition to ours--at the time, the system we had was maxed out and couldn't handle more extentions.

Even so, most people were pretty nice about having to call that number after reaching us. However, this guy took the cake. It was our CEO!

As I'm taking and relaying calls, we get a call from our main office asking for someone on the other phone system. I simply said that I couldn't physically transfer him because of the other system, and that he'd have to call the other number.

Caller got irate, and that I was being lazy. I repeated that it I could *not* transfer him, and he'd have to call the other number. At that point, he went apeshit and asked for my boss. I *gladly* handed him the call. I didn't get paid enough to deal with that crap... especially from someone who had *never* been in our office and didn't know the situation.

*Several months after that, we had the entire phone system torn out and replaced.
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

offtopic:CSR kim, drop the s and id hate to be you

Comment

Quoth yahurd View Post
                    offtopic:CSR kim, drop the s and id hate to be you
                    I feel really dumb...I don't get it! *embarassed*
                    --Kim--

Comment

Me neither. Not quite sure what's intended here.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                      X