Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Forum games

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 09:00 PM
Has had too many jobs

*laughs* I am actually trying to avoid having similar abilities to others..((Didn't consider the 'Not my problem field' before choosing Kiki's ability)) but I think it fits her..Isis is sort of similar to Heimdell (spelling).

Old 01-01-2013, 01:27 AM
Tech Support Monkey

Heimdall has much more in common with Hermes than Iris.

Both bridges between worlds, both purported to be tricksters that stick their noses into everyone else's business and so on.

Iris was a bit more friendly and one of the few gods in greek myth who didn't bone humans over at every turn.

She is as much associated with the seas and sky and winds as she is the rainbow. In fact one of her tasks is to seed the clouds with water for rain.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:02 AM
Tech Support Monkey

Great Riley went from Poker Ace to Burned Spy... thanks

Old 01-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Has had too many jobs

Kiki has a gem of true sight!

Old 01-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse

Quote:
Quoth Chanlin View Post
Great Riley went from Poker Ace to Burned Spy... thanks
Heh. I had to come up with SOMEONE to use as a picbase for Riley's Father's mortal guise.

Quote:
Quoth Mytical View Post
Handy little thing, isn't it?

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Old 01-01-2013, 08:01 PM
Tech Support Monkey

Quote:
Quoth Mytical View Post
Now if only you could separate it from the weapon and mount it into a pair of glasses that Kiki wears ALL the time.

I've been watching a whole bunch of videos with various Irish accents in them and experimenting with how best to capture the Irish accent in writing. I may toy with Liam's speech pattern from time to time.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Quoth Chanlin View Post
Now if only you could separate it from the weapon and mount it into a pair of glasses that Kiki wears ALL the time.

I've been watching a whole bunch of videos with various Irish accents in them and experimenting with how best to capture the Irish accent in writing. I may toy with Liam's speech pattern from time to time.
Speaking as someone who loves to play with accents, don't go overboard with trying to transcribe it to the written word. While I can pretty well tease out what someone means, others reading may not be able to do so. Heck, Mattieu's Cajun accent is stronger than I have it written down, still understandable, but stronger than it sounds. I mostly kept it contained to his slapdash approach to grammar and the occasional phonetic thing.

Just a bit of advice.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Tech Support Monkey

Yeah, I'm not planning on trying to spell things phonetically. I know enough to know that never works.

I'm going more for the common words, the rest is getting regional turns of phrase down. Of course not living there means I have no clue which ones are current hence the video watching.

It's more trying to get which sounds are dropped, which words are not enunciated as well. Like I've noticed that words ending in t are almost over emphasized while the usual sterotype where a beginning th sound becomes d isn't really the case. They more have a tendency to just drop the h sound.

So when they say "That" most people would say "Dat" is the correct sound. But it's really more "T'at" The h sound is sort of skipped over. Or the word I or that vowel sound in general tends to come out "Oi"

I may end up dropping representing the accent in general since its understood at this point anyway

Old 01-01-2013, 08:57 PM

Good on you, Chanlin, for recognizing that.

Also, I need to know what the focus items for Riley and Liam should be. I mean, for Riley, I'm half tempted to have her Father give her a bracelet of some kind, unless you have something else in mind.

As for Liam, Danu's as likely to give him a mystical tattoo, not unlike MacBride's, of Celtic knotwork design or something, on his forearm.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:04 PM
Tech Support Monkey

See attached pics:

I figure Riley's can be a pendant or a vambrace of sorts with that symbol on it.

Some of Liam's abilities I'm basing from a book series, so the tattoo from that series seems appropriate
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Liam.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	3672   Click image for larger version

Name:	Riley.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	3673  
Closed Thread