This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android tablet slows and stops

So I have a little Android tablet--an Asus Memo Pad 7. I've been using it to play board-games (like Galaxy Trucker, Ticket to Ride, and so on).

I dropped it, so the screen has cracked. It's been OK like that for a couple of days, but today it started responding more and more slowly to input. (Specifically while playing Ticket to Ride, all the AI player turns were taking a long time.)

I put it into sleep mode, and put it away for a while. Now I cannot wake it up. I cannot power it off, either, as far as I can tell. I've plugged it into a computer, just like previous days, and there is no response, either from the computer or the tablet. (But my phone still wakes up when plugged into the same USB cable.)

Any help?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Exactly what failed is a good question, but seems like it's failed. I'm assuming you've held the power button down for a while to force-turn-off, if it was still on. I think she's dead, Jim.

Comment

Yes, I did that and there was no response. So I went to replace it with a used (but newer) tablet.

While I was in the store, I tried again and the dang thing turned on! But I decided I wasn't going to trust it, so I got the new/used one anyway. Plus, no shattered screen on the new one.
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
      X