This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd applications for jobs

OK, so a month or so ago, I had a young lad and his girlfriend in, looking to buy a mobile phone. Company policy is that there are no refunds on phones once the seal is opened, due to many, many problems we've had in the past. I've explained this on the saturday, and they change their minds three times over the phone. However, they eventually pick one they seem happy with.

I forget all about them.

Sunday comes around, and I've agreed to help out the manager by opening the store with her. I'm one of the first on tills and who comes up to see me with a return? That's right. The customers from the previous day. He claims the phone is faulty and all the faults he lists, I manage to prove are NOT faults, and it is in fact in perfect order AND used. Manager has come to help me out with this issue and, as per the training (and her own personal defense mechanism) is smiling and cheerful with the customer. He, towards the end (after she's gone and we've proved beyond a shadow of a doubt there's no fault) comes up with trying to scare me by asking for our head office number (which I quite happily give him), and when he sees that doesn't work comes up with saying my manager was laughing at him (nope) and that he was going to sue us, and we'd be hearing from his lawers within a week and sue us for every penny we had. I just said "That's fine, sir" and gave him his phone back.

Of course, no lawyers have called, and nor, to my knowledge, has head office.

However, not too long ago, I did see him in the store, applying for a job!

"Ah, he's not the first psycho to hire us, nor the last. You think that's a commentary on us?"

Um... I just ran over your dog, I've killed your wife, and I just threw the good china out the window... I need a job...

Oh, he's so honest, I like to hire guys with that kind of honesty.

Paraphrased from Eddie Izzard
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
    X