This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who just stand there…

…while the cashier is pulling items out of the cart. I’ve begun to see this increasing quite dramatically in the recent years and it’s starting to piss me off. Maybe it’s because when I went grocery shopping before coming back to the US, at Waitrose and Planet Organic, you would have to empty your own cart. Hell, I never see this at Wal-Mart so maybe it isn’t even a regional thing.

People who just stand there are lazy fucks. Usually, these are the same people who are on their cell phones or busy chatting away with their companion. I’ve seen cashiers who will stare at people for a few seconds to give them the hint but nothing comes of it.

Oh and the, “I’m in a hurry” SCs are the worst offenders. You’d think that they’d do everything they could to speed up the check out process but I guess not.

The only time I don't unload my own cart is if I'm shopping at one particular grocery store, where their checkstand layout isn't equipped for it. All the others I use have the conveyer belts that you load your groceries on for the cashier to scan. One small chain has they checkstands configured so that the cart travels on the cashier's side, and there is just no room to unload your groceries, unless you have a very small purchase.
    That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

I remember as a kid and even up to the late 80's, it was the custom to wheel your shopping cart up the cash register and the cashier reached into the basket to pull out and ring up each item one at a time. Then again, this was before scanners, so the cashier had to punch/type in each price.

That practice is so long ago, though, that I cannot believe people still expect the cashier to do it.
      "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
      .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Oh hell no. I would look at the cart, then look at the person, then look at the cart, then look at the person...I mean, I get paid by the hour. I have no qualms with wasting time waiting for customers to empty their own cart.

The exception is when a very old person puts their hand basket on the belt. Sometimes I'll let that slide. But a CART?

Comment

Working...
        X