This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    please don't... that is one slobbish thing that housekeepers appreciate... at least our housekeepers love nothing more than walking into the bathroom and seeing all the towels in a pile on the floor... why because then all they have to do is scoop them up as one big pile rather than take them one at a time off the racks.
    Woot! I now have testimonial that I can show my DH as proof that I'm not nuts for always piling up the used towels and washcloths at hotels.

I hope the housekeeping staff also appreciates that if we are staying somewhere more than one night that we let them know we only need fresh towels and washcloths and that they don't have to do anything else to our room during our stay.
    Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth chinashirtgirl View Post
      People just tossing their garbage outside their rooms... what do they do at home? Just throw the trash outside the door and then have to hop over it as it piles highter and higher?

Fucking slobs.
      My ex-roommates (Ex for a reason) actually, yes, always did just that. The leaseholder had 4 cats, as well. No objections on that alone, but if they're his cats, and he doesn't want anyone not him taking care of them or even interacting with them (he'd throw hissy fits over this)...well, then, you're cleaning up after them, right? Nope, he'd wait until they filled a litter box and starting leaving their business all over the carpet next to it. Often would fill up a good eighth of the whole room before he'd clean it. All the while complaining that "Well other people play with them too, why can't they help clean up?"

right....of course, the bags of soiled cat litter simply ended up on top of the pile of other trash left outside the front door for weeks on end or more.

Comment

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
        even had a lady throw dirty diapers out her door (talk about sanitary, I tell ya!).
        I once made an enemy of an SC who I caught throwing used diapers into the hallway during a noise complaint...I took no pretense. I think my exact words were "you can either store them in a proper way until they can be taken out by Housekeeping (and pointed her to some sanitary bags we leave in the rooms for that purpose) or we can charge you the $250 cost of cleaning and sanitizing the hallway."

She was upset, but couldn't win that one.
        "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
        "What IS fun to fight through?"
        "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
          I once made an enemy of an SC who I caught throwing used diapers into the hallway during a noise complaint...I took no pretense. I think my exact words were "you can either store them in a proper way until they can be taken out by Housekeeping (and pointed her to some sanitary bags we leave in the rooms for that purpose) or we can charge you the $250 cost of cleaning and sanitizing the hallway."

She was upset, but couldn't win that one.
          Good call! I think it's just wrong people do that, especially. When I was seeing it done I was too in shock to know what to do then lol I just kept picking them up in shock!
          When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Quoth chinashirtgirl View Post
            I really don't understand this either. It sounds pretty gross. People just tossing their garbage outside their rooms... what do they do at home? Just throw the trash outside the door and then have to hop over it as it piles highter and higher?

Fucking slobs.
            you know... I must admit that at home I'm guilty of occasionally setting a trash bag just outside the door rather than taking it all the way to the dumpster... that said, I only do that when I'll be leaving for work in less than a few hours anyway and the dumpster is on the way to my car... I couldn't imagine leaving it out there for more than an hour or two, much less days on end... and I would never imagine leaving garbage in a hallway at a hotel... so yes, I could see those people being slobish enough to just leave trash outside their doors for weeks on end.
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Am I the only one who REALLY REALLY wants to take the garbage and throw it on the hood of their car?

If the garbage is that bad, walk a few feet down the hall and throw it away!!

If it is a bag with handles I have hung it on their door so they (hopefully) get a surprise when they leave the room.

As for the poster who said something about separating the clean towels from the dirty to save on washing, I hope you mean when you are staying over. Because that is gross if hskp doesn't change all the towels before the new guest.

just mho.

Comment

alogram... whether or not that's what they meant, that's how the housekeepers should treat it... at least at the hotel I'm a slave for the housekeepers are trained to completely strip a room if it is a c/o.
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I think that is probably what they meant too, but if not that is grosssss.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                    please don't... that is one slobbish thing that housekeepers appreciate... at least our housekeepers love nothing more than walking into the bathroom and seeing all the towels in a pile on the floor... why because then all they have to do is scoop them up as one big pile rather than take them one at a time off the racks.

...otherwise you sound like the perfect guest... ring us up if you ever need a hotel in Salt Lake near the airport
                    Wow, ok, I'll remember the towel thing next time I'm in a hotel. Maybe it's growing up in a large family, with an obsessive neat-freak for a mother, but while I'm a little untidy at home, I can't stand leaving a mess anywhere else.

I LOVE staying in a hotel, not that it happens more than once every other year or so. Oh hey, I have a bad habit of taking home those cute little soap/shampoo/shoeshine cloth extras in the bathroom... is that kosher? I figured, they'd be just as 'gone' if I used them, and I have a couple of young relatives who like getting 'hotel stuff' for Christmas, don't ask me why.

Now to come up with a reason to go to Salt Lake City that will be acceptable to both spouse and employer.... I'd go just to stay in your hotel, but I'd have some 'splainin' to do.
                    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

When I stay in a hotel and have extra trash, i will usually tie up the trash bag in the can an leave it in the room next to the trash can. If They leave a extra trash bag I will put in in the trash can to make the house keepers easier.

Comment

Matt, I do the same thing.

I just don't understand it. OH NOES, the garbage can't be near me!!!!!!

The other thing I don't understand is the people who insist on giving me a big pile of wet towels! ACKKKKKK. Would it kill you to have them in the room until housekeeping comes by in the morning?

gross. I would never survive as a housekeeper. They do NOT get enough credit, which is why I always clean up as much as possible and TIP.

Comment

I was just thinking about how many times I have been tempted to just move garbage that was thrown outside of rooms to just infront of the door...so they step in it! But, I can't be sure of where it came from and I don't want to be part of the problem. I want to be part of the solution!
                          When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

I want people to stop being complete tools.

Comment

As much as this may surprise some, there are people who DO just toss their garbage outside their door and expect the freakin "Garbage Fairy" to pick it up.

At the last apartment I lived at, the Crackwhore Elephant constantly did that. After all, it's so hard when you have all day to take out your garbage and just walk down 15 steps and then maybe 50 feet or so once or twice a week when it's SPRINGTIME.

The worst part was she'd leave multiple bags outside her door, practically blocking the entrance to my apartment and the top of the stairs. And it was a warm spring two years ago......and she had two toddlers still in diaper years.

I gotta tell ya, the scent of fermenting baby shit is right up there with Chanel Number 5. You just can't resist the intoxicating luxuriously clean smell. I guess she wanted us all to smell it. Or maybe she wanted that smell to overpower the marijuana permeating out the windows which were always open.

Fortunately, every once in a while her baby daddy or boyfriend would finally take her garbage out.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                              X