This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a "proper" check out

Guest: yea we checked out today and the girl at the desk said if we didnt need to talk to her, we could could just put our keys on the counter and leave

Me: ok

Guest: no its not ok, I was a little bit annoyed by that....we like to wait in line and go through a proper check out process

Me: she didnt tell you not to wait in line, did she?

Guest: no but thats not the point...the point is I feel like she was rushing everyone out

Me: well ma'am some people dont like to wait in line and I am sure they appreciated her saying that

Guest: well I mean, its very impersonal...she should take the time with every customer and go through a proper check out, thats just good customer service

Me: ok ma'am what are we supposed to do?

Guest: I dont know........I just dont like to be treated that way on vacation...every other place I go on vacation, at check out, I am greeted and attended to, they just dont just tell me to put my keys on the counter and beat it and by the way, she wasnt nearly peppy enough...we arent used to that

Me: ok I will report this to a manager

Guest: I am not being petty here, I just dont like the impersonal atmosphere at your front desk

Me: sorry to hear that

Guest: yea sure

Guest: I am not being petty here
    Yahtzee: Yes you are.

Dammit, Ben, get outta my head!
    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

You know a proper check out, I saw it in a movie once. I think they even had a monkey as a bell hop. Why don't you have a monkey? I want to be important like in the movies blah, blah, blah....

Inferiority complexes are a bitch. Some people have to come up with a way to feel important. If I get a receipt and I don't owe anything, I'll leave my keys in the box and be on my way. Speed and convenience, just the way I like it.
      I feel crazy. Like I'm drunk and trapped in a water globe and someone won't stop shaking it.
      -The Amazing E
      Zonies social group now open!

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
        Yahtzee: Yes you are.

Dammit, Ben, get outta my head!
        Yahtzee VS Sucky Customer

Now that I'd pay to see
        I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Hey at least he wasn't told what Rachel McAdams said to the annoying hotel guests in the movie, Red Eye (check it out at 2 minutes 40 seconds)!!! Now, that would be .... a poor checkout.

Comment

I'm only guessing here, but I think what she wanted was someone bright and peppy to ask her 'Was your stay all right? Did you have a good time? Will you recommend us to your friends?'
            She wanted somone to listen to her tales, her complaints, her anecdotes, all while she checked out.
            That would be my guess. Frankly, I have actual FRIENDS to tell my tales to, so I don't need to tell them to the person trapped behind the counter.
            I no longer fear HELL.
            I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Of course we all know if she'd gotten the "proper checkout" in the first place, she'd dial whine-one-one and call the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahmbulance because they're moving so slow.

Comment

And you know this conversation would ensue:

Dumbass: "I never agreed to these extra charges!!!!eleventy!

Me: Uh, ma'am, as your receipt states those are taxes.

Dumbass: Well, I never agreed to pay them!

Comment

yeah.... "so you're complaining that the checkout process is too easy?"...

(i don't suppose they'd take well to "Well if you want me to make it harder for you i'll be more than willing to run you through hell - i mean a long and tedious procedure....")

Comment

WOW
                    Last three places I have stayed at have a nifty thingy. Check out at the tv. You go, turn on the tv. A menu comes up, summarizes your bill, authorizes your credit card, and checks you out. You leave the keys on the table for the nice cleaning ladies and you leave a nice tip in the envelope as a thank you to the nice cleaning people as they have to pick up after you. (my mum was a maid when i was very small so I take the sheets off and pull back the covers in a way so it is easy to remake the bed, wash down the shower and wipe the counters and generally tidy up too, but that's just me.) I guess I should have shouted at the tv for not being perky or asking me if I enjoyed my stay. It was okay though the internet did that for the tv later, emailed me and asked how my stay was. Should I have shouted at it cause the tv wasn't perky? Or written a complaint to hotel because the tv didn't care about my stay?

Comment

I must have missed the part where someone put a gun to her head and made her checkout in this fashion.

Comment

Dude...

All my hotel stays for the last year have been for conventions. When I check in, I'm fried from being on the road anywhere from 2 - 6 hours. When I check out, I'm fried from running around the convention.

The less ("normal") human contact I have, the better! Just run my card, give me my key and wi-fi information, tell me which room I'm in and leave me the hell alone!
                        A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

How dare you allow guest to check out in a quick manner if they do not need any other assistance. What are you thinking.

/sarc

Comment

Quoth Aislin View Post
                            I guess I should have shouted at the tv for not being perky or asking me if I enjoyed my stay.
                            why do you think self checkouts thank you?

Comment

Working...
                            X