This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with CS4?

I have it. It usually works, though in the past couple of years, four little windows pop up every time I open it. Said windows involve plugin problems. I just click "OK".

Today, I opened CS4, and it won't open the images I need. If I click on "Desktop", it'll show the items on the desktop, but when I click "Computer" - nothing.

What do I do now?

What is CS4? One of the Adobe Creative Suite programs?

Comment

Photoshop.

Comment

Now is this issue only when you try to navigate to your images from PS's open dialog? Try finding the files in explorer and opening in PS from there. (Right-click, "Open With..." if it's not he default editor)

Edit: also try removing or reinstalling the plugins that are causing errors

Comment

Have you upgraded Windows? CS4 is a rather old version (I have 5.5 and it's quite old). While 5.5 still runs well with Windows 7 - I can't speak for CS4 (Probably your best bet is XP).

I've noticed this with a lot of older programs - programs that were made for 98, ME, and even XP no longer run on Win7+ machines. MS just does not include support for older functions in new versions of Windows.

I am scared for the day CS5.5 doesn't work anymore - but I am keeping this PC on Win7 for aslong as I can.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
          X