Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes, we check for Id's at the movie theatre!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
    Teenagers in ANY day and age have NEVER been the sharpest tools in the shed.
    You haven't been around teenagers long enough to make that assumption. There are smart teens out there. Don't be generalizing.

Comment

I would normally be on the side of the movie theatres but there was one instance I know of that happened around here that seemed a little odd.

My brother and some of his friends wanted to see an R rated movie while they were in high school. They got to the theatre with one of the guy's mom and bought the tickets. The mom left saying she would be back when the movie was over. They went to get inside and were carded. They were denied because they were too young. But that part I don't care for is that when they went to return the tickets the ticket agent said they couldn't get a refund unless it was done by an adult. The mom had paid in cash with the same cashier.

They eventually got their money back but it was a big hastle

Comment

My personal favorite from the cinemas was the parents who would bring their kids, sometimes as young as 4 or 5! to see Passion of the Christ.

And then complain that the movie was bloody. After walking past ... lessee.... 1 sign on each window, that makes at least 4 at the smallest entrance, 1 sign at each ticket station (13 total), signs on the theater doors (2 for the larger ones), and signs at customer service. Oh wait, SCs don't read. Oh, and there were signs all over concessions, not that it mattered.

Well, we took that into account, and the cashiers and ushers made sure to mention the blood and gore when selling/riping tickets for anyone, especially those with kids.

So they would stand between 2 signs warning of blood, guts, and gore, while complaining that they didn't know about the blood, guts, and gore. (Or they would complain about subtitles, which also came with ample warning.)

Then there were the parents who'd drop off their Brittany-wannabe tweens. Who would go to the catwalk (covered bridge over driveway) after the movie and flash the cars driving by. They scrammed before we could catch them.
        Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          I don't understand why the box office wouldn't card...they shouldn't even be able to buy the ticket in the first place.
          There's your answer:

Quoth Lostfiniel View Post
          My brother and some of his friends wanted to see an R rated movie while they were in high school. They got to the theatre with one of the guy's mom and bought the tickets.
          These days tickets can be bought over the internet, or by phone, too.

Quoth Lostfiniel View Post
          But that part I don't care for is that when they went to return the tickets the ticket agent said they couldn't get a refund unless it was done by an adult. The mom had paid in cash with the same cashier.
          I can understand it being a problem if it was a CC purchase, but for cash it is silly.
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

This reminds me of way back in 1990, the movie "Total Recall" came out. I was 18, and my friend was just a week shy of turning 17. I and this other friend that went with us, who was 17, got to see it, and this guy was able to get in being it was only a week until he could legally get in to this film.

However, shortly before the film started, they had box office employees going from seat to seat, looking at ticket stubs and throwing out children who had snuck in there who obviously bought tickets to see a Disney flick or some other children's flick.

Today though, it seems much easier to get in to some of these R rated flicks. Muvico has a kiosk where you can first buy your ticket on line, then pick them up without actually speaking to a person. Or, you can just walk up to the kiosk and purchase your tickets there. Still, you have to get past the ticket person who rips your ticket in half, but I have never seen any of them actually stop a child from getting in. Is there security with this as well? At the box office, sure, the employee can refuse to sell a ticket to an R rated film, but it can't be stopped at the kiosk, or so it would seem.

Comment

Watch the episode of Dr. Phil about texting and driving and this will be proven.
              I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

Comment

Quoth MoonChild2007 View Post
                You haven't been around teenagers long enough to make that assumption. There are smart teens out there. Don't be generalizing.
                Yes, there are exceptions, but as a GROUP, Bright Star is right....they are pretty freakin' stupid. I include myself in this...as a teenager, I was pretty fucking stupid.

Quoth TWOLF View Post
                Watch the episode of Dr. Phil about texting and driving and this will be proven.
                But it's not limited to just teens. I was must chatting with my older sister, The Witch, who is 41, and she was telling me how she texts when she is driving down an interstate in Denver! DOH!

If it weren't for the marked resemblance between us, I would SWEAR there was no way I was actually related to this woman!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Oh I know adults do it, which scares me because you would think that they would be more responsible. Yeah right, I've had adults bitch about their kids talking on the phones and driving at the same time while they are doing it.
                  I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    Yes, there are exceptions, but as a GROUP, Bright Star is right....they are pretty freakin' stupid. I include myself in this...as a teenager, I was pretty fucking stupid.
                    Beat me to it. I don't know if I was stupid as a teenager (I'd like to think not), but I do know I was constantly P/O'ed at the "antics" of my "peers." Ugh.
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

There have been a couple times when I will send short messages out on my phone but I never have to look at my phone to do it. I've already got all the letters, shortcuts, etc memorized.

I still probably shouldn't >.>

Comment

I worked at a movie theater over 10 years ago and people were like that back then too. Things never change.

Comment

Not me

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                          Beat me to it. I don't know if I was stupid as a teenager (I'd like to think not), but I do know I was constantly P/O'ed at the "antics" of my "peers." Ugh.
                          I consider myself to be well above average when I was a teen, but I also never teamed up with a bunch of teenagers (one friend at a time at most), even then I noted that the larger the group of teens - the stupider the things they would do. Also a group would egged other members on to do things that they would never consider doing if they were by themselves, but here they don't want to lose face, impress some girl, want to fit in.

Basicily, take the average IQ of a bunch of teens, divide by the number of teens in that group and you have the working IQ of the teens while they are a group.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            I will say they tend to listen to me a bit more, but I also don't have to lay down the law as much to them, not being their dad or anything. That and they know that pissing me off is a worse idea than pissing their mom off. They try not to piss off the man with the very large sword.
                            Jester, the more I read about your nieces, the more you remind me of my oldest brother, only they worry about pissing off the guy with the large wallet. (He pays for report cards, and very well at that , and loves to send them money, "just because")

Comment

Quoth sportsmom View Post
                              Jester, the more I read about your nieces, the more you remind me of my oldest brother, only they worry about pissing off the guy with the large wallet. (He pays for report cards, and very well at that , and loves to send them money, "just because")
                              If there's one thing I learned from my father and watching other kids with their parents, it's that bribes work to an extent....but abject fear works so much better!

And yes, I do bribe my nieces on occasion....but they never know when it's coming or what it's for. And it is never money, but something they like or dinner at their favorite place.

Whereas the boys they get involved with? Don't get bribes.

Just abject fear.

(It's actually to the point that my oldest niece will introduce me to guys she hangs out with or dates as "my crazy uncle" or "my psycho uncle." I am NOT discouraging this! )

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

My girls don't have to worry about the fear so much, considering we live almost halfway across the country from my brother, but I'm sure he would try if we were there.

Come to think of it, since the oldest is about to turn 13, maybe that's why he wants us to move back there.

My nephew already said that he wants to move here after he gets out of the army, either that or try for recruiting duty here. If he manages that, my girls will never have a date because he will make it his mission to scare away every boy that comes near any of them. Man, I love my nephew, he's a good kid, with great ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X