This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jack T. Chance
    Even though you're a small, mom & pop type operation, tell your boss they MUST buy the following items for the store:
    Thanks for your recommendations, and I will try and relay them to my boss. However, unfortunately, he's the type of guy who doesn't seem to do anything unless it benefits him personally/financially, or if someone prods him umpteen times (it seems to help if the prodder is a non-employee). For example, earlier this year, the sink in our back room broke at the faucet. For well over a month, I had to improvise methods of getting water out of it without getting sprayed with a direct jet of water. It wasn't until our floor guy got drenched by it, and complained to the boss, that it finally got repaired.

Quoth BookstoreEscapee
    AdamAnt, don't take this the wrong way, but you are WAY too nice!
    Yeah, I know, it's one of my many failings. The volume of SCs at this establishment is quite low (knock on wood), but I do encounter them from time to time. I'll have to relay some of the few tales in the near future.

Quoth crazylegs
    I share your pain, (but slightly differently)

One of my *BIGGEST* bugbears is people who park on the bright yellow, two inch wide School keep clear zig zag markings, these aren't small people, they extend a good three-four feet towards the centre of the carrigeway (sp?), what, you dont think they apply to you? So tell that to the grieving parents who loose their children because you're blocking the view when the kids crossing the road!
    I could probably dedicate an entire thread to the parking sign ignorers I've seen. The store I work at is located right next door to an extremely popular restaurant. To discourage patrons of said restaurant from parking in front of the store, my boss erected two signs to try and discourage them from doing so. As you can imagine, however, as the rest of the parking lot gets filled (or, if someone happens to be a bit lazier than your average person), they blatantly ignore the sign, and park in front of the store anyway.
    -Adam
    Goofy music!
    Old tech junk!

Comment

Quoth AdamAnt316 View Post
      Thanks for your recommendations, and I will try and relay them to my boss. However, unfortunately, he's the type of guy who doesn't seem to do anything unless it benefits him personally/financially, or if someone prods him umpteen times (it seems to help if the prodder is a non-employee).
      Yeah, that's the problem with working for small, mom & pop type companies: the owners/upper management are usually very stubborn and set in their ways.
      I could probably dedicate an entire thread to the parking sign ignorers I've seen. The store I work at is located right next door to an extremely popular restaurant. To discourage patrons of said restaurant from parking in front of the store, my boss erected two signs to try and discourage them from doing so. As you can imagine, however, as the rest of the parking lot gets filled (or, if someone happens to be a bit lazier than your average person), they blatantly ignore the sign, and park in front of the store anyway.
      -Adam
      And that's why he should've made sure the signs said "Parking for (Convenience Store) customers ONLY! Violators will be towed at owner's expense!" And he then needs to make good on that promise! Anyone that parks in your lot to go to the restaurant gets towed! Period.

Another solution is to build a fence between the 2 lots, completely barring access to their lot from yours. That's usually pretty effective, too.
      "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
      --StanFlouride

Comment

You are too nice.

There is no way that anyone, much less "regular customers" would've been allowed by me to get change for $100 without purchase, and/or been allowed to buy something after the registers were down for the night.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
        X