Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And working with the public is a good reason to have a flu shot every fall, that is if you're able (some folks can't.)

I had one last year and I didn't get sick at all. I'm hoping to find out soon when the free shots start this year (got mine free last fall at work b/c of my insurance carrier) and get it over with.

And we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread . . .
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Then again, there's always that one time when you don't have any choice.

Take me for example. I know full well that tomarrow I'm going to have to head into wal-mart to pick up some things for my mother. Problem is, I'm down with the flu. Since no one else can go get it for me, I've no real choice but to head to the store sick.
      Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

I used to be a valet at a hospital, mostly working the outpatient entrance, with occasional stints on ER. I also drove a shuttle. I was exposed to LOTS of sick people, no way around it, and was lucky to walk out having only dealt with one case of pink eye and nothing more serious.

I will go to Meijer or Walgreens *once* when I am sick. Anything beyond that, I'll beg my dad, who thankfully only lives 10 minutes away and still treats me like daddy's little girl, to go get it for me. I don't like to rely on my parents, but I also don't want to inflict myself on innocent strangers any more than necessary.
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
          As someone who has just suffered a cold, I will say that while I try to avoid going shopping (or anything else that requires me to leave house), it is still neccesary for me to buy food and cold remedies after I've used up my supplies. And since I live on my own, there is no avoiding it.
          I try to stay home if I'm sick. However, there are times I can't avoid it. Since I live alone, I have no choice but go out if I need medicine, food, etc. My cat will not tolerate being without his dinner
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
            My cat will not tolerate being without his dinner
            Send him to get his own then.
            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
              I have a bit of an overblown immune system...I can get the flu and be done with it in about three days while the rest of my family is suffering for a week or two.

It also makes me slow to pick up anything, so by the time I DO catch things, half the folks at work have already had it (and some are on their second go), so .
              Haha! Sounds just like me. I'm lucky, I blow chunks in the morning and I'm fine the next day. But I tell you what, I'd rather be puking my guts up than have another case of that scabies shit going around my town. Puking goes away on its own, scabies requires lotion that makes you feel like your skin's on FIRE.

Plus, no one calls you "dirty" or a "slut" if you have the flu. People hear scabies and all Tarterus breaks loose.

Comment

Airbourne, or any of the generic products like it. I've been getting my body on the having-an-immune-system wagon!

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  I'm in the US, and I suspect I'm the one using "twat" the most. It's become rather less common in the last decade, so I decided to revive it, here. *shrug*
                  I think I use it the most, along with it's sister word...that starts with a 'c'.

Only when I'm very angry, though.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                  X