This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah yes, the asshole tax in play...

Side note, ever notice how, if you're a jackass, hotel rates go up too? No? Well, some SCs might.
    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
    "What IS fun to fight through?"
    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Sorry, I was gone for the weekend so I didn't get a chance to reply.

1) I was positive that he was lying thru his teeth when he said that he was 20% over budget. He was just hoping that I would somehow magically drop his price. If he was willing to make some design alterations to get close to the price, then I would have talked to sales and could have easily gotten him 5% off. Being a jerk, I do nothing.

2) Sales will give 3-5% for any reasonable sounding excuse. In extreme circumstances they will give up to 10%. I was going to make sure that he did NOT get a discount.

3) I have been "caught" applying the PITA charge. (Pain in the A**) My boss questioned it when she saw it. I explained that they were a pain, that they asked for an excessive amount of work from me, and that they went thru an excessive amount of changes, and that cost needed to be captured in what they paid for the project. She agreed. It is not really fraud, as in the end, I am the one responsible for making up the special pricing. I can add any charges as I see fit. I saw it fit to make up for the potential discount that the guy was asking for simply because he wanted a lower price. He did not deserve it, he had not earned it thru any action, or promise of future action, he was simply cheap. I despise people that feel entitled to things simply because they ask.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
        --end pedantism--
        Not quite yet, I think you meant "pedantry".
        Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Why yes, yes I did.

Comment

I wonder if he'll even realize what happened sometime down the road.
            Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Working...
            X