Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh oh oh can I have some too? Nachos... mmmmmmmmmm damn I'm hungry now....

Comment

who haggles at a fundraiser????
      Rich people thats who.....

When I worked at the laundrymat we had this rich OLD couple come in.They are so rich because they own half of downtown.Anyways they went to this fish fry fundraiser at a church and bitched so much about the price of a fish sandwich that the guy cooking got tired of it,and just gave them a free one.The sandwiches were 3 dollars. So infact they cheated the charity.

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
        who haggles at a fundraiser????
        Rich people thats who.....
        Not true, sucky people haggle at fund raiser's.

Due to my wife's company's involvement in the community and invitation's of friends, I attend multiple fund raisers and civic events every year. If not for the generosity of "rich people," these events for good causes would not take place.
        At the "free" wine and beer counters the glass donation jars (not tip jars) are stuffed to the brim with 10's and 20's.
        There are many items to purchase at these events as well, and I,in over a decade have yet to see someone rich or poor haggle over prices.
        Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.---Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          Being rude, even to a rude person, cannot accomplish these goals.
          Normally I agree with Jester posts but not in this case. There are a lot of people out there who see someone else's attempt at being polite as a possible exploit. Continuing to be polite to them lengthen the time you have to spend with them as they try a new tack each time you don't slam them down.

For example I was at a trade show a few days ago. As I looked at the stuff in one guy's booth he starts his pitch at me. I said something like "Ill just look at them and ask you if I have any questions.". He continued yammering. This time I came back with something like "I'm really not liking the hard sell here.". He continued. I said "Fuck this" and left.

A lot of jerks don't realize that they are jerks because they get no feedback.
          Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
            Anyways they went to this fish fry fundraiser at a church and bitched so much about the price of a fish sandwich that the guy cooking got tired of it,and just gave them a free one.
            So in essence they got what they wanted. That cook should be smacked upside the head with frozen fish. He's just perpetuating the SC's belief that they are entitled to shit they aren't entitled to.

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
            There are a lot of people out there who see someone else's attempt at being polite as a possible exploit. Continuing to be polite to them lengthen the time you have to spend with them as they try a new tack each time you don't slam them down.
            In everyday life, I agree with you. But when you are providing customer service, this is inappropriate. True, the people involved might not realize they are being jerks, but when you are in customer service, your job is to provide customer service, not provide self-realization for assholes.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              In everyday life, I agree with you. But when you are providing customer service, this is inappropriate. True, the people involved might not realize they are being jerks, but when you are in customer service, your job is to provide customer service, not provide self-realization for assholes.
              I respectfully disagree. Keep in mind that this is just my stance both on the subject and how I like to be treated as a person, but if and when someone is treating you rudely, regardless as to whether or not you're currently in customer service mode, the "human" side of you can, and often does, sometimes come out. In cases where someone is treating me poorly I go from Customer Service Girl to I'm Actually A Person And You Can't Treat Me Like Ass Girl.
              I know a lot of people say that respect is earned and generally yes that's true, but there's a base respect people should allow to one another that results merely in courteous behaviour between one another. If someone cannot and does not extend that smallest iota of respect to me then why should I grin and bear it?
              I realise that I am in a customer service position, but I would never treat any of my customers poorly and always do my best to treat them well so I expect even the slightest hint of that in return. If someone refuses to do that and instead prefers to act like a jerk-off to me then nuts to them, I'll give 'em what for.

Comment

Rerant, I agree with you....when someone is being a true jerk. I have had times when I have given people hell, sure. But the SC in the OP was NOT that person. They were whining about the price, sure. But were they being true jerks? No. They were just being mildly annoying. Is that worth being rude to them for? No.

Now, if at my restaurant, a customer snaps at me, either with their fingers or verbally, they will see that I am not some servant there to take their shit. Nor did I mean my earlier comments to imply that. But in customer service, we deal with idiots every day. We can't be mouthing off to all of them. We have to save our ire for the truly deserving, not merely the annoying and stupid and whiney.

See my point?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

When I read the OP the one part that sticks out to me most is where the SC said, "Didn't you hear me?!"
                  That to me is snotty, rude, and one of those comments comparable to, "What, are you deaf?!"
                  The majority of communication relies not typically on what is said, but how it is said, and when I read that conversation, in my head that SC was a true jerk.
                  The expectant stare also says to me the SC was standing there with an attitude of, "So... you gonna change the price for me or what?"
                  Nothing about that, to me, is the sort of unintentional rudeness that often goes overlooked.

Comment

*pulls out a 2-dollar bill*

actually i'd just use two one dollar bills (i'd save the old bill just for fun). but now im hungry for melted cheeeeese on some chips.

Comment

nacho nacho man! I wanna be a nacho man!

back to the topic...$2 for a large plate of nachos with all the toppings you could want for free....ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo YUM! and what a STINGE!!!!!!!
                      I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

Working...
                      X