This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Time, Lie to Me, Idiot!

Six weeks into a semester, a student in my 11:00 am class tells me, "I'm having trouble getting to your class every day."

I look at my records, and yes, the student has shown up maybe four out of 12 class periods at this point. I, trying to think the best of humanity, ask, "Do you work third shift?"

No. He doesn't. He's up playing with his PS2 until 4:00 every day.

Jeez. If that's your excuse, please respect me enough to lie to me next time. Give me a decent excuse because then at least you're an interesting idiot instead of just a complete waste of oxygen.

Did he pass? No. At that school, I could drop students at midterm if they weren't participating in the class, and that's what happened with him.
    Enjoy my latest stupid quest for immortality. http://1001plus.blogspot.com/

umm... actually working 3rd shift would NOT be an excuse... I'm sorry, if I can work full time grave and go to school full time I don't see why it should be an excuse for other people to use (granted I have used it as an excuse for extending time on assignments that needed to be done in the computer lab which is a bit hard to get into with my schedule)... but I have only twice missed class because of work.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Sounds like one of my employees who thinks it is okay to be late all the time because she works two jobs.

Not. My. Problem.

Comment

Well, it'd be a reason, if not an excuse. But PS2? Until 4? Geez, dial it back a bit. Maybe 2am. Then it'd be 9 hours. That should be plenty.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

My profs won't even cut me a break for all the documented sickness and valid, documented family emergencies I've had this semester. While I understand attendance policies, I don't understand being a bitch about them.

But that guy, however, had no valid excuse. I love my xbox, but it doesn't come before classes. He fails in more ways than one.
          Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

I'd rather not be lied to. Easier if you tell me up front how big a disapointment you are.
            How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I once had to tell a teacher the truth, because I just couldn't help but do it. My homework was mangled, but it was an English assignment (yay!) so I was able to re-write it in record time, word for word. I turned in the refurbished version along with the destroyed version, just for kicks.

Why was it destroyed? Quite literally, my dog ate it...new puppy, loved paper. She never really got over that phase...but the teacher had to laugh that, for the first time ever, that really was the reason.
              "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
              "What IS fun to fight through?"
              "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
                I love my xbox, but it doesn't come before classes.
                See, therein lies the problem... you have an xbox.
                Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Since IPF isn't in this topic to provide the TPiR losing horns, I'll do so instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

I mean, come on. I love video games, but not so much to where they interfere with a test or class the next day. I AM taking a break from school this semester, simply because two jobs and school at the same time for two years straight left me physically and mentally drained.
                  Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

Um.....wow.

We really need a head-explody emoticon. Because that's what just happened to me.

What a....I don't even have the words to describe this idiot.
                    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/e/explosion.gif

There's one for you, Joi. ^_^

Comment

Quoth Iris Kojiro View Post
                        Awesome!!!
                        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Now you've got me simultaneously thinking about Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star and Strong Bad introducing the "Your Head Asplode" phenomenon on Homestar Runner.

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                            I once had to tell a teacher the truth, because I just couldn't help but do it. My homework was mangled, but it was an English assignment (yay!) so I was able to re-write it in record time, word for word. I turned in the refurbished version along with the destroyed version, just for kicks.

Why was it destroyed? Quite literally, my dog ate it...new puppy, loved paper. She never really got over that phase...but the teacher had to laugh that, for the first time ever, that really was the reason.

Cool! I'm sure your teacher was cool with it because it certainly looked like it had been chewed on, and you provided proof that you actually did do it.

That's much the same thing that I like doing with my assignment. If I know ahead of time that I'm not going to be able to do it, I talk with the instructor(s) so that I can get guidance and to show them that I've done SOME physical work on it.

But the fact that this idiot is going to school AND trying to be a full-time gamer? No. Not going to happen. Not unless you are like a super genuis like a few of my friends. If not, well then you better put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye. And your grades too.
                            "Otherwise you are free to keep putting your hope in leprechauns, horseshoes and unicorn farts."-Gravekeeper

Comment

I find it odd that I can stay up til 3, 4 am every night and still manage to get to my 8 am class just fine, while this guy can't.
                              "I'm not even supposed to BE here today!"

Comment

Working...
                              X